Florida Man Nabbed by Cops for Not Pulling Over, Claimed He Was Racing to Have Sex
Something tells us that wasn't the sort of "getting nailed" he was hoping for.
The adventures of Florida Man continue. A teenage Honda driver was nailed by the cops after a brief chase in St. Petersburg, Florida, earlier this month—only to claim that he never noticed the lights and sirens behind him, so desperate was he to reach his girlfriend and get lucky.
According to Pinellas County court documents brought to light by The Smoking Gun, a police officer in an unmarked patrol car spotted 18-year-old Ruben Hughes driving recklessly blasting through a residential neighborhood in his 2005 Honda Accord on the night of December 1st. The officer flipped on his lights and siren and sped off in pursuit—only to see the Florida man accelerate away, "ignoring my emergency equipment," according to the report. The pursuing officer radioed in the car's description, enabling other units to keep tabs on the vehicle.
Eventually, Hughes came to a stop several blocks away from the initial location where the officer lit him up. After being read his rights, however, Hughes reportedly offered up an explanation for his brief dash away from the law: He claimed he never even noticed the lights and siren behind him, as he was hustling off with extreme dedication to, as the court report put it, "meet his girlfriend for relations."
Hughes has been charged with a felony count of fleeing and eluding a police officer. He was released on his own recognizance.
According to The Smoking Gun, this isn't Hughes's first run-in with the law; he's received a trio of speeding tickets in a little more than a year, and he was arrested on a vehicular burglary charge earlier in 2017, though the charges were later dropped. That said, being accused of eluding the cops to go have sex with his girlfriend seems likely to go down as the most memorable encounter with the 5-0 he'll have anytime soon.
- RELATED13-Year-Old Florida Boy Steals Unsuspecting Old Lady's Car at Gunpoint, Leads Police on ChasePretty sure we were still making skid marks with out bicycles at 13, not committing felonies.READ NOW
- RELATEDPolice Helicopter Crew Lands In Parking Lot, Chases Down Florida Man Shining Laser PointerThat's good hustle.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Flees Cops in Boozy Beach Chase While Broadcasting on Facebook LiveOh, Florida Man.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested After Alleged Cocaine-Fueled 100 MPH Run in Red Chevy CorvetteBaby, you're much too fast.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Awarded $37,500 After Cops Think Glazed Doughnut Crumbs Are MethOf course, they can have the same effect on some people.READ NOW