Aston Martin's new two-plus-two tourer is built atop a century of stunning heritage. It's state-of-the-art factory and a top-secret skunkworks combine with deep-pocketed investors that maintain a mostly hands-off approach. Its CEO Andy Palmer is a no-bullshit straight-shooter with a serious plan for Aston Martin's future. The DB11 is a a 21st-century car designed for the modern consumer. Here's a quick-hit of seven things that make it great.
1. The Aston Martin DB11 is a car of many brand firsts
2. The DB11, by the numbers
3. It is painstakingly hand-painted
4. The rear spoiler deploys in three different driving modes
5. Mercedes-Benz supplied all of the DB11's electrics
6. Talk about a big nose...
7. The DB11 interior is hand-stitched by one person