Check Out Valentino Rossi's Time-Traveling 'Back to Misano' AGV Helmet
The "Back to the Future" theme features a DeLorean, a flux capacitor, and Rossi reimagined as Marty McFly.
To celebrate the MotoGP Grand Prix at the Misano World Circuit last weekend, Valentino Rossi’s newest helmet had a “Back to Misano” livery as a play on the Back to the Future movie franchise. This AGV Pista GP R is adorned with big, blocky font inspired by the old movie poster, a DeLorean time machine, and Rossi and his crew chief Silvano Galbusera reimagined as Marty McFly and Doc Brown, respectively.
There are two reasons for the Back to Misano theme. First, this race represented Rossi’s return to the track after being forced to forfeit the 2017 race at Misano. It's also essentially Rossi’s home circuit, as the Misano track is located near his Italian home.
This helmet has all kinds of throwbacks and Easter eggs from the old BTTF films. The times on the side of the helmet represent that last time Rossi raced at Misano along with the date of this year’s Grand Prix at the Misano World Circuit in which Rossi came in 7th place. There’s also a flux capacitor pictured on the back of the helmet, which as we all know is what makes time travel possible. Luckily, Rossi has no problem exceeding 88 mph on his race-prepped Yamaha R1.
Some Rossi designs are made available for sale for anyone to buy from AGV, but since this one is specific to one race, we’d be surprised to see it commercially available. Regardless, like all of Rossi’s helmets, this one sure is fun to look at.
- RELATEDValentino Rossi Debuts AGV Pista GP R Tricolore Design at Italian Grand PrixThis bold Italian flag-themed design was unveiled on Italy's Republic Day.READ NOW
- RELATEDValentino Rossi Has Now Raced the Equivalent of the Earth's CircumferenceThe Italian MotoGP world champion has ridden a total of 24,901.45 miles since his racing debut in 1996.READ NOW
- RELATEDGear Review: The AGV Pista GP R HelmetThis is the most extreme helmet you should buy this season.READ NOW
- RELATEDValentino Rossi Unveils New 'Soleluna' Design on AGV Pista GP R HelmetIt's a bold, 1970s-inspired take on Rossi's perennial sun and moon aesthetic.READ NOW
- RELATEDValentino Rossi’s Pre-Season AGV Pista GP R Helmet Gets a Mexican MakeoverThe Italian racer loves the artistic expression and was inspired after a recent trip to Mexico.READ NOW