The New Supra Will Be Sold Under Toyota's Gazoo Racing Brand
Toyota Supra GR? Gazoo Supra? Supra GRMN? The car's final name is still a mystery.
When GR boss Koei Saga spoke to the British auto publication earlier this year, he added that a hybrid-driven halo model was his "dream," which definitely explains the funky, targa-top-having GR HV unveiled earlier this month. While nothing is concrete as of yet, a future, hybrid super-Supra flagship sports car is beginning to sound like a real possibility.
While the Gazoo Supra's exact name is still subject to speculation, company insiders reportedly told Autocar that a 2018 reveal is expected, followed by a 2019 street date. Latest reports say that the new Toyota Supra GR will be powered by a 400-plus horsepower, turbo V6 and thankfully, be available with an old-school manual. A more economical four-cylinder mill is also reportedly on the menu.
Co-developed with BMW, Toyota's—er, Gazoo's—upcoming sports coupe will be a mechanical sibling to the new Z4. As a fan of the Z4 Concept's Bavarian F-Type appearance, I have high hopes for the imminent Japanese rendition.
- RELATEDToyota's Gazoo Racing Will Develop a New Sports Car PlatformThe question is, what kind of sports car is Toyota developing?READ NOW
- RELATEDAccording to Reports, the Upcoming Toyota Supra Will Have a Manual TransmissionNow everyone can take a deep breath.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Should Get Off the Internet and Rent This 1100 Horsepower Toyota Supra on TuroYou can drive the car of your childhood dreams for a few hundred bucks.READ NOW
- RELATEDInternal BMW Document Seems to Confirm Automatic-Only Toyota SupraInsert sad trombone sound effect here.READ NOW
- RELATEDIt Looks Like the New Toyota Supra Will Have A 4-Cylinder Engine Option2JZ? No, sorry.READ NOW