The 405-Horsepower BMW M2 CS Will be Limited to 1,000 Units, Report Says
Order this twin-turbo rocket while you can starting in January.
The M2 (or F87 if you want to say it the cool, BMW way) is one of the most ultimate of all driving machines in the current BMW lineup—and arguably—in the history of M cars. We love it for its return to form in a sport coupe that’s all about a thrilling, engaging driving experience. At the heart of the M2 is the turbocharged 3.0-liter N55 inline-six engine which makes 365 horsepower.
That’s plenty of grunt for this little car, but wouldn’t it be better if it had a version of the S55 twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-six that powers the bigger, badder M4? BMW thinks so which is why it’s putting a detuned M4 engine in the M2 and calling is the M2 CS (CS stands for Coupe Sport). Rumor has it the new version of the twin-turbo-six will make 405 horsepower. Other than the engine, updates over the standard M2 include adding lightness with bits like an aluminum roof and bespoke sport seats. Upgraded suspension, brakes, and wheels will help the car deliver all of that power to the road competently.
We’ve known about the M2 CS for a while, but CarScoops just reported that ordering on the hotter version of the F87 begins January 2018. If you want one, you’ll have to act fast. Reportedly, BMW is only building 1,000 of these cars.
CarScoops’source is a Spanish site called Motor.es which says production begins in March with deliveries slated to begin in May. To kill some time while you wait to order yours in January, here’s a lightly camouflaged M4 CS attacking the Nurburgring.
- RELATEDThe BMW M2 Is All the Sports Car We Need—and Maybe a Little MoreIt's everything you could hope from an entry-level BMW M car—and that might be its only flaw.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW M2 CS Will Probably Be 400 Horsepower of German PerfectionBMW's best car might just be a smaller car with a bigger engine.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW M4 CS Is a Limited-Run M4 With a Power BumpIt goes right between the M4 Competition Pack and the over-the-top M4 GTS.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New BMW M2 Is the New BMW M3A reclamation? A reincarnation? An entirely new thing? We’ll take it. All of it.READ NOW
- RELATED454-HP BMW M3 CS Is Coming in 2018, Report SaysIt's poised to be the most powerful M3 ever made.READ NOW