Lamborghini Super Trofeo Renews Partnership with Alcantara
Making Italian super car interiors better since 1972.
There are few ways to make a supercar feel more luxurious than cramming the interior in Alcantara. Alcantara is a unique blend of polyester and polyurethane, and it tends to up the luxury factor while increasing interior longevity and stain resistance. Produced in Italy, this material is a staple of high-performance interiors (Porsche, most notably, is an Alcantara car). Exotic car stalwart Lamborghini is no stranger to the material and has been a partner with the company for some time.
Recommitting its partnership, Lamborghini's racing group, Super Trofeo, announced on Wednesday that it will continue its partnership with the company through 2017.
Alcantara returns as Lamborghini Super Trofeo North America's partner, sponsoring Squadra Corse's star racing group during its season in the United States from May to November. It will put its premium material in the Huracan Super Trofeo, making the car lighter and more durable. Alcantara's dynamic range of uses has already made it an essential component in some Formula One cars, so the track-ready Huracan is in good hands.
The innovative fabric will also be stitched into most of the furniture in Lamborghini's Super Trofeo hospitality lounge. This luxurious spot is set up every racing weekend for high-class guests to reside during the event, so attendees will be able to interact with the same material used in Lambo's race cars while they watch from the sidelines.
- RELATEDLamborghini Recruits Young Drivers for Squadra Corse ProgramsThe best youth drivers head to Imola for Lamborghini Boot Camp.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Researching Carbon Fiber for Medical UseThe Italian supercar maker is partnering up to study new composites to be used in prosthetics.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Debuts New Clothing Line in MilanLamborghini showed off its fashion line at an event in Italy and its iconic supercars made an appearance.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Super Trofeo Is Basically an EargasmThe racing is fine. But the noises...READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Former Lamborghini Test Driver Valentino Balboni Speak About the CountachA man's passion tells his story of Lamborghini's iconic sports car.READ NOW