Check Out This Gorgeous 2018 Volvo V60 Polestar Safety Car
There is something about a performance wagon with livery that really gets us going.
FIA World Touring Car Championship started using the 2017 Volvo V60 Polestar as a safety car last year and intends to do so again this year with the 2018 model. According to reports, the Volvo V60 Polestar featured as the safety car has a few extra goodies from last year. For starters, the 2018 Volvo V60 Polestar Safety Car has a new aero kit which includes carbon fiber front splitter, side skirts and rear spoiler.
After all aerodynamics are applied, the sporty wagon has 30 percent more downforce, allowing the vehicle to really hug the track during critical incidents. As you may remember from previous articles, the Volvo V60 Polestar has 367 horsepower through a turbocharged and supercharged four cylinder engine. This allows the vehicle to rocket around the track faster than any other wagons currently in production. .
In addition to engine performance and aerodynamics, the 2018 Volvo V60 Polestar is equipped with emergency equipment, roll cage, emergency lights, and the appropriate FIA World Tour Car Championship decals.
- RELATEDVideo: How Many Puppies Fit In a 2016 Volvo V60 Polestar?We had to get into fractions—don’t ask how.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Polestar 1 Is a Sexy, 600-HP Hybrid Sports Coupe With Volvo BonesIt's the first part of Volvo parent Geely's plan to drop $760 million launching Polestar as its electric brand.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo Announces New Car Subscription ServiceSubscriptions in the auto industry may be the next big thing, and Volvo is banking on it.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo Announces the XC40, Its First Compact SUVThe XC40 proves that you don't have to give up luxury or safety in a compact.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo XC40 Image Pops Up on Instagram EarlyThe Volvo Germany website accidentally put up a pretty official looking photo that's since been deleted.READ NOW