Watch the Next Porsche 911 GT2 RS Tear Up The Nürburgring
As ever, the Porsche 911 GT2 is mostly wing.
So far, there have been just three generations of the 911 GT2, each more psychotic than the last. Then, with the last car, Porsche introduced the even more thoroughly driver-destroying, pants-wetting 911 GT2 RS. We still tremble. Now, it's the 991 generation's time for terror. Thanks to one scrappy YouTuber poking around the Nürburgring, we have a preview of just how mad that new Porsche 911 GT2 RS will be.
In the video, the next-generation GT2 RS circles the Green Hell with ease. Through the trees, details sticks out, like the massive wheels, humongous rear spoiler and oodles of engine noise. In the stills provided toward the end of the video, it looks as if the front air intakes might actually be bigger than those on the current GT3 and GT3 RS, which is impressive. This beast must need a lot of air to breathe.
The 997 generation GT2 RS pushed 620 horsepower from a twin-turbocharged engine that was injected with 23.2 pounds of boost, pushing top speed up to 205 MPH and its zero-to-60 time down to 3.5 seconds, limited by traction. Only 500 were built, and if you want one now, be prepared to dish out nearly $500,000. (Still, that's half-off a used Porsche 911 R...)
- RELATEDNew Porsche 911 GT2 Spy Shots Leaked and Google Maps Gets an Upgrade: The Evening RushPlus, Dakine has a party bucket waiting for you and Patagonia polos are on sale.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Crazy Crash at NurburgringREAD NOW
- RELATEDA Koenigsegg One:1 Just Crashed at the NurburgringSuper-powerful supercar wipes out during testing.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo Runs the Nurburgring As Fast As the Carrera GTWe have trouble believing you, Porsche. You should let us try it for ourselves.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Nurburgring 2.0: A Better, Faster, Safer Race TrackREAD NOW