2019 Lamborghini Huracan May Get Rear-Wheel Steering and a GT3 Model
A 48-volt mild hybrid system also might make its way to the Pope's Lambo.
Apparently, the baby Lambo is slated to receive rear-wheel steering and a 48-volt "mild hybrid" system, which frankly isn't surprising considering both technologies have already been featured in other Lambo and Volkswagen Group products. Seen in the firm's Aventador S, rear-wheel steering simultaneously makes the big Italian supercar easier to maneuver at low speeds and more stable at high speeds while the 48-volt, electrical assistance system has already been working its magic in stuff like the new Audi RS5 and A8.
Car and Driver says that the hybrid system here will be configured in the name of even greater speed rather than fuel-sipping efficiency as a source tells the publication that the 5.2-liter V-10 that's graced Sant'Agata's entry models since the Gallardo days is "reaching its limit" on the power front.
Furthermore, Lamborghini is also reportedly mulling over a hardcore, stripped-out GT3 Huracán that would usurp the supreme, 631-horsepower Performante and do battle with the Porsche 911 GT2 RS—a car that swiped the Nürburgring production car lap record away from the Huracán Performante back in September.
In any case, the refreshed Lamborghini Huracán should bow in either late 2018 or early 2019. Whether or not Pope Francis already has his order in is currently unclear.
- RELATEDThe Lamborghini Huracan's Successor Will Be a Hybrid in 2022The firm's Aventador-sequel, however, will stick to the old-school, naturally-aspirated V12.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Donates Huracan to Pope Francis for CharityNo, this is not the new Popemobile.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Lamborghini Huracán Performante Is a Supercar SupremeThe Drive rocks the Nürburgring record-setter at Imola, the former Formula One circuit in Italy.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Huracan Splits in Half and Bursts Into Flames After Miami CrashAccording to a witness, the driver exited the supercar screaming, arms and legs ablaze.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Buy Deadmau5's Nyan Cat-Themed Lamborghini Huracan Right NowIt's been unofficially dubbed the "Nyanborghini Purracan."READ NOW