The 2018 Mazda CX-3 Starts at $20,110
Mazda affordable compact crossover is packed with technology.
If you're looking for a new compact SUV for a fair price but can't be bothered with a cheap hatchback like the Volkswagen Golf, options will be severely limited; a modestly-optioned Toyota C-HR will easily run you over $24,000. Thankfully Mazda wants to eliminate this dilemma, finally letting us use the terms "luxury" and "affordable" in the same sentence. The company has been offering technology-rich vehicles for a reasonable price since day one, but now the entry-level CX-3 is getting its turn.
Mazda released the full list of trims and new features for the 2018 Mazda CX-3 on Monday, which is already out in some dealers and will be available nationwide next month. At $20,110, the starting price might be steeper than the 2017 model (up from $19,960), but the base model comes with a host of new technology. All CX-3s now receive Smart Brake Support (Mazda's emergency braking technology) and G-Vectoring Control for more enjoyable commuting.
The base CX-3 Sport features standard power mirrors/locks/windows, backup camera, and cloth seats, but gets premium technology like Bluetooth, USB ports, and Mazda CONNECT infotainment system with voice commands.
The $22,195 CX-3 Touring is a step up from the Sport, featuring keyless entry, bigger wheels, leatherette seats, blind spot assist, and automatic headlights. It can also be had with the Touring Preferred Equipment package, adding 7 premium Bose speakers, SiriusXM radio, and a power moonroof.
The top-trim CX-3 Grand Touring gets LED headlights, black leather seats, Mazda's navigation system, head-up display, and everything the Touring Preferred Equipment package gets. The GT Premium Package is a good buy, as it comes with power memory seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, and a heated steering wheel.
A fully-loaded CX-3 Grand Touring with i-ACTIV all-wheel drive will run you under $28,000, a great deal for a car packed with so much tech and so many creature comforts.
- RELATEDThe Mazda CX-3 is One Cute Little CrossoverEnjoyable on daily commutes, just not much room for Christmas presents.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Mazda3 Starts at $18,095Mazda's handsome compact car gets lots of new features, even on base models.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Mazda CX-5 Pricing AnnouncedAn entry-level model can be yours for just $24,985.READ NOW
- RELATEDMazda 3 Named 'Coolest Car Under $18,000' by Kelly Blue BookMazda's signature sedan has claimed its fourth win in KBB's prestigious Top 10 list.READ NOW
- RELATEDNext Mazda3 to Use 'Revolutionary' New Engine Tech, Report SaysA concept previewing the next-generation Mazda3 is expected to bow in October.READ NOW