Watch $50M Worth of Hypercars Attack a Racetrack in the Netherlands
This hypercar track shootout puts every Cars & Coffee we've seen to shame.
The art of car spotting is nearly synonymous with that of real estate: It's all about the location. While you'll find some amazing cars in obvious supercar havens like Monaco and Los Angeles, the best area to see the largest number of hypercars in one spot isn't close to either of those places. The largest gathering of exotic cars in the world seems to be in the Netherlands.
A YouTube video posted by Carspotter Jeroen shows what made it to this year's Super Car Sunday event at the TT-Circuit in Assen, Netherlands. This yearly track event sponsored by the Vredestein tire manufacturer puts some of rarest and most exclusive cars in the world on one race track all at the same time, and although last year's turnout was hard to beat, the 2018 rendition topped it. According to Carspotter Jeroen, roughly $50 million worth of vehicles attended this year's meet.
It's hard to pick out one favorite from the event, but the showstoppers include the Apollo Intensa Emozione, Rimac Concept_One, Koenigsegg Agera R, Koenigsegg Agera RS "ML," and Zenvo TSR-S. No, the Zenvo's rear wing isn't broken, that's how it actually works. The Ferrari LaFerrari, Porsche 918 Spyder, Pagani Huayra, Ford GT Heritage Edition, and squad of Bugattis in the video seem almost dull in comparison. The camera crew even stepped up their game this year, trading a Ford Raptor for an Olive Green Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet.
If you missed Super Car Sunday on May 20 and can't wait until next year, fear not. According to the website, Super Car Sunday will make its way to the Circuit Zaandvoort track just west of Amsterdam on Sept. 30. Forget summer vacation, we want to take a trip to Northwestern Europe this fall.
- RELATEDThe 2017 Koenigsegg Owners' Meet Was a Rolling Orgy of Swedish Supercar StunnersWith 19 cars, it was the largest gathering of Koenigseggs ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren Takes Over a Car Meet, but a Record-breaking Koenigsegg Steals the ShowIn the latest iteration of the craziest supercar meet in Los Angeles, no one could beat the world's fastest production car.READ NOW
- RELATEDBattle of the Bugattis at Sunset Gran Turismo Cars & CoffeeSeeing a Bugatti in person is a rare treat, but how about ten of them at once, including the one and only Vision Gran Turismo Concept?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe King is Dead: The Koenigsegg Agera RS Has Officially Ended ProductionKoenigsegg has now produced and sold all 25 units of the fastest road-legal hypercar ever made.READ NOW
- RELATEDRimac's New Electric Hypercar Has 1,888-HP, Hits 60 MPH in Under Two SecondsThe Rimac C_Two is here to melt your face off with its torque, and yes, it's safe for Richard Hammond to use.READ NOW