454-HP BMW M3 CS Is Coming in 2018, Report Says
It's poised to be the most powerful M3 ever made.
You might not realize it based on all the hubbub surrounding the BMW M2 these days, but the German automaker has not forgotten about the bigger M3 and M4. According to a report from Bimmer Today, BMW is preparing to launch a 454-horsepower M3 CS. That figure would make it the most powerful series production M3 ever made. (Yes, the M4 GTS makes almost 500 with its fancy water injection system, but that's not billed as an M3 anymore, now is it?)
Essentially a four-door version of the M4 CS, it'll boast the same breathed-on version of the 3.0-liter twin turbo straight-six, a carbon hood lifted from the uncompromising GTS, a carbon front splitter, rear diffuser, lip spoiler, and a sedan interpretation of the M4 CS and GTS's seriously cool OLED tail lamps.
The report also claims that the M3 CS will lap the Nurburgring in less than 7 minutes and 40 seconds, thanks to a set of sticky Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires and a revised chassis. For reference, the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio holds the current four-door record at 7:32.
The BMW M3 CS will reportedly release in the spring of 2018 and serve as a last hurrah for the current, F80-generation of the M3 before the new G20-gen 3 Series drops sometime in the near future.
- RELATEDThe BMW M4 CS Is a Limited-Run M4 With a Power BumpIt goes right between the M4 Competition Pack and the over-the-top M4 GTS.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the BMW M4 CS Tear Up a CircuitSee BMW's new, very blue, limited-run M4 in action.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW M3 With Competition Package Is Hardcore German PunkOptional Competition Pack creates a hardcore headbanger.READ NOW
- RELATEDTrack-Focused BMW M4 GTS Coupe Is a 500-horsepower Fire HydrantBehold, the greatness of turbocharging and a 145-psi water injection.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 2013 BMW M3 CRT Is For Sale…for Nearly $300,000Legally, you'll only be allowed to drive it 2,500 miles a year.READ NOW