Watch Ken Block Do a Huge Burnout in His New Ford F-150 Raptor
It was "awesome," according to Block's kids.
Rally driver and Gymkhana king Ken Block loves to smoke tires. It's basically his job. So it's only appropriate that he would christen his new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor by doing exactly that and cooking off a huge burnout.
A video uploaded to YouTube in April shows Block leaving a massive trail of smoke as he does an unreasonably long burnout in his new Raptor, right before taking off for a family trip. In the truest expression of Block's typical "ain't care" attitude seen on camera in some time, the rally driver does the burnout with his kids and wife in the truck—even with the children's bicycles hanging off the back. Though his rally-driving wife, Lucy Block, seemed to not really care, the smoke clouds left his children all riled up.
"This is awesome," Block's daughter yelled.
Hopefully the children had just as much fun on the road trip as they did while in the truck during the burnout. And yes, it is most certainly a good thing that Block doesn't have to pay for his own tires.
- RELATEDWatch Ken Block Abuse a 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor in the DesertThe Gymkhana master and rally expert took Ford's off-road monster to the sand dunes for some fun.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Review: Baja Bad BoyFord's Baja-racing pickup is a wild desert dog, with a sneak-peek version of the Ford GT's V6.READ NOW
- RELATEDSpec Ops MC-130 Provides Forward Arming And Refueling Point For F-22 RaptorsSpecial Operations Command and Air Combat Command are getting creative when it comes to poking holes in enemy anti-access and area-denial capabilitiesREAD NOW
- RELATEDWatch the New Ford F-150 Raptor Crush the Old Version in a Drag RaceThe new EcoBoost V6-powered Raptor might not make the belligerent noise of the old V8 model, but it sure is quick.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Ford Raptor Does 0-60 MPH in 5.3 Seconds and GM Set to Debut New Crossovers: The Evening RushPlus, the RTIC 65 is on sale for the holidays.READ NOW