Bentley Boss Wants Lots More Bentayga Variants
"The customers that are buying in this market are keen to have the latest design out there."
We've already heard rumblings of future Bentley Bentaygas coming in Speed, coupe, and maybe even GT3 R flavors. Although none of these have officially been confirmed yet, Bentley CEO Wolfgang Dürheimer opened up today about why branching the Bentayga out is so important. In a report by Autocar, Dürheimer cited the ultra-fickle client base that comes with selling ultra-opulent luxury cars.
"Derivatives are important to us because you have to be the newest kid in town for customers ... the customers that are buying in this market are keen to have the latest design out there," Dürheimer said. True, when you're buying and playing with $200,000-plus grocery getters, being the only one on the block without the latest, hottest model on the driveway is not a very good look.
Dürheimer added: "We will see a large number of competitors [in this segment] in the future. They are all working on their luxury SUVs." Specifically, upcoming super-luxury mall crawlers like the Rolls Royce Cullinan, BMW X7, Lamborghini Urus, and Audi Q8 are indeed coming for the Bentayga's blood. Those who expect to be cross-shopping six-figure SUVs within the next few years should be spoiled for choice. Or you could, as Jeremy Clarkson would insist, just buy a Range Rover like everybody else.
- RELATEDBentley’s Future Involves a Sports Car, an Electric Car, and a Whole Bunch of Bentaygas, Reports ClaimThere may be a bunch more Bentleys on the way.READ NOW
- RELATEDBentley CEO Says We “Might Expect” a Bentayga SpeedSuperfast SUV could precede a Bentayga coupe and a production version of the Speed 6 Concept.READ NOW
- RELATEDBentley's Fly-Fishing Bentayga Is for Rich People Who No Longer ExistEveryone knows today's wealthy are hoovering up Cronuts, not fishing brook-side.READ NOW
- RELATEDRolls-Royce Gives Us the Best Look Yet at the Cullinan SUVSpoiler alert: It looks like an SUV with a Rolls-Royce front end.READ NOW
- RELATEDUpcoming Lamborghini Urus SUV Will Reportedly Be Brand’s First Plug-In HybridHead of R&D at Lamborghini says the plug-in hybrid option will be unique to the Urus within the brand’s lineup.READ NOW