The 2018 Subaru BRZ Starts at $25,595
The new BRZ gets a price increase and optional performance package.
Subaru announced pricing for the 2018 BRZ Friday, which now boasts new technology and a $100 price hike above last year's model, now starting at $25,595. The second generation of Subaru's affordable lightweight sports car debuted in 2017 with a facelift, but Subie maintained its stance to keep the car naturally-aspirated.
The BRZ comes in two trims: Premium and Limited. New standard features of the Premium include automatic LED headlights, leather-wrapped steering wheel, Incline Start Assist and Welcome Lighting for easier vehicle entry at night. The upgraded 6.2-inch STARLINK infotainment system is new for 2018, featuring an HD radio with eight speakers, BlueTooth pairing, and services like SiriusXM, iHeart Radio, and Pandora.
Upgrading to the $28,445 Limited trim gives you keyless entry, leather-accented seats with Alcantara inserts, and dual-zone climate control. The Limited gets a bigger 7-inch STARLINK infotainment system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto integration. It also features a 4.2-inch screen in the gauge cluster that displays performance data for track enthusiasts.
The new BRZ keeps its 205 horsepower BOXER engine, mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic and a TORSEN limited-slip differential. The automatic is an extra $1,100 option for the Limited trim, featuring paddle shifters and five fewer horsepower. Talk about charging more for less.
The $1,195 Performance Package is brand new and exclusive to the BRZ Limited with the six-speed manual. It includes 17-inch alloy wheels, SACHS performance shocks, and larger Brembo brakes with four-piston calipers in the front and two-piston calipers in the rear.
The new Subaru BRZ hits American showrooms in January 2018, and we're really hoping the STI version will touch U.S. soil soon after.
- RELATEDSubaru Will Give Its Entire Lineup 50th Anniversary EditionsSubbie goes big for its 50th anniversary in the United States.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Subaru BRZ Quick Review: The Perfect First Sports CarWhen your kid asks you to buy him a Mustang ... get him this instead.READ NOW
- RELATEDSubaru Drops More Powerful WRX STI Type RA and Special Edition BRZ tSSorry—no extra power for the BRZ.READ NOW
- RELATEDSubaru Stirs the BRZ STi PotA teaser photo on Twitter implies we won't have to wait long to see what Subaru has up their sleeve.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Subaru BRZ Turbo Is The Widebody STI Subaru Never MadeIf Subaru won't turbocharge the BRZ, then an army of tuners will.READ NOW