New Fate of the Furious Trailer Features Tons of Widebody Dodge Muscle Cars
The Drive was able to spot a wide-body70s Dodge Charger...and possibly the widebody Dodge Challenger Demon.
The eighth edition of the Fast & Furious series is falling upon us and so are a few action-packed trailers. The most recent trailer for The Fate of the Furious features some interesting rides—and enough action to be parceled out across every Die Hard and Lethal Weapon combined.
In the one-minute trailer, we see a fair amount of unique rides—most notably Dom Toretto’s widebody '70s Dodge Charger and a widebody Dodge Challenger, possibly the new Dodge Charger Demon. Sadly, both cars' exhaust note and engine are muffled by god-awful music and tough-guy explosions.
As far as the plot is concerned, that is a little hazy. Apparently, Toretto goes rogue with Cipher, played by Charlize Theron, and “the crew” recruits Deckard Shaw, played by Jason Stathem (aka The Drive’s Josh Condon) to help them. Beyond that, the plot seems a little...loose. Expect to hear a lot of talk about family and such.
If you have any questions about the Fast & Furious movies, please direct you questions to The Drive’s resident expert, Aaron Brown.
- RELATEDThere's a Fast & Furious Live Stadium Tour Coming in 2018There are still three more Fast & Furious movies coming in the next few years, but apparently, that's not enough of the "family" for Universal.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs That the Dodge Challenger Demon in This Vin Diesel Fast & Furious Video?The new movie's muscle cars may just be SRT's secret speed machine.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Keep Fast & Furious 8 From SuckingNeeds more 6x6.READ NOW
- RELATEDFast & Furious, I Love You, But You’re Bringing Me DownAn automotive affair gets complicated.READ NOW
- RELATEDFast & Furious 8 Will Imminently Screw New Yorkers’ CommutesVin Diesel brings multibillion-dollar juggernaut “back home, baby!”READ NOW