81-Year-Old Florida Man Uses Gun to Settle Parking Space Dispute, Opens Fire on Police
The gunman here was a former school board member—just the kind of guy you want overseeing your kids.
Police have reportedly arrested an 81-year-old Florida man following a shooting spree that started during a quibble over a parking space.
According to International Business Times, Solomon Stinson, once a member of the Miami-Dade County school board, was looking for a parking space outside a movie theater in Pembroke Pines, Florida. Stinson and another unnamed individual were reportedly trying to get the same parking space when an argument broke out, to which Stinson's alleged solution was lethal force. He supposedly drew a gun and fired into the other party's car, shattering their rear window before speeding off.
Stinson reportedly continued to fire at random as he drove down the road and was spotted doing so by an officer of the Pembroke Pines Police Department. The officer commenced a chase, which was temporarily halted when Stinson stopped his vehicle, got out, and allegedly fired at the police, who returned fire. Stinson then allegedly reentered his vehicle and attempted to escape, but lost control of his vehicle, crashing it. Police reportedly caught Stinson when he tried to flee on foot, arresting him.
Stinson reportedly has yet to be charged while police investigate the incident. No injuries or fatalities have seemed to result from the incident, which is reportedly not the first in which Stinson was involved. He was once convicted of aggravated assault in Miramar, Florida after pulling a gun on a woman who approached his vehicle.
Given Stinson's criminal record, it may be fair to say he has demonstrated himself incapable of safely owning a vehicle or a firearm.
- RELATEDDrunken Florida Man Leads Cops on 140-MPH Chase Before Calling Them Terrorists: ReportAfter hitting another vehicle at speed, the man reportedly asked, "What did I do wrong?"READ NOW
- RELATEDMan Arrested While Roadtripping With Dead Wife's Body Riding ShotgunRather than call police when his wife died in a Texas hotel, he decided to bring her along for the ride.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Runs From Cops in General Lee Dodge Charger After Setting Fire to His Wife's HomeLooks like them Duke boys are at it again. Oh, wait—it’s actually our old pal Florida Man.READ NOW
- RELATEDMan Builds Barricade Around Car-Sharing Vehicle Parked on His Property, Demands PaymentHe's seeking compensation including a daily storage charge, reimbursement for the fence he built, and what he described as "harassment fees."READ NOW
- RELATEDMichigan Bill Aims to Kill Parallel Parking Test Because Drivers Complain Too MuchThe senator sponsoring the bill said parallel parking is "outdated."READ NOW