Florida Man Drives Ferrari 360 Into Ocean at Top Speed, Photos Show Car Submerged 30 Feet Below
You probably could've guessed where this happened without us telling you, but here we are.
In late December, 48-year-old James Mucciaccio, Jr. purposely drove his Ferrari 360 off a Palm Beach, Florida inlet at top speed. The stunt resulted in him and his car being launched into the water, sailing far before eventually sinking in the Atlantic Ocean. Mucciaccio was astoundingly unhurt after the incident, and now, new photos and details have been revealed more than a week after the crash showing just how wild the ongoing situation is.
Local NBC station WPTV 5 broke the news earlier this week, citing various reports from the Palm Beach Police and Fire Departments for the recently released info.
The wreck reportedly occurred around 7 a.m. on Dec. 26 when Mucciaccio took flight and landed in the water, floating nearly 50 feet prior to being submerged. The driver escaped before the Ferrari reached the bottom, approximately 30 feet down. Airbags were used to inflate the car back to the surface, and it was retrieved within the next 24 hours.
Neither drugs nor alcohol were found to be a factor, according to a crash report.
Code 3 Divers released the following images and video of the incident Friday on their Facebook page:
According to the divers' Facebook page, this isn't the first time they've fished out a Ferrari in the area. They posted pictures of a waterlogged Ferrari 458 Spider which, similar to this 360, didn't have a chance of ever hitting the road after it was retrieved from the ocean.
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested for Trying to Trade Weed for Fast Food at McDonald's Drive-ThruCops only caught the accused when his munchies got the better of him and got back in line at the same McDonald's.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested for DUI While Lemur and Wallaby Escape from Truck During Traffic StopTough times for former edutainment star Zoboomafoo as he's found on the run—in Florida, of course.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man’s Jeep Wrangler Defeated by Tree After Crashing Into 11 Cars on Same Drive¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ lloɹ 'sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟIREAD NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Asks Uber Passenger for Sex in Exchange for Free Ride to WorkUber initially charged the passenger $5 for canceling the ride after the indecent proposal, but later refunded the money.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Shouts ‘I’m Looting’ While Stealing Cop Car, Gets ShotHurricane Michael has left many desperate for survival basics, but we don't think a stolen police cruiser is a necessity.READ NOW