Take A Look At Porsche's Top Five Rarities From The Museum Vault
Delve Into Porsche's History With A Countdown Of The Top Five Rarest Models They've Ever Built
Porsche is launching a new video series on YouTube, starting with this one, wherein they count down the "top five" of something. For this video, they're giving us a glimpse of the top five most rare Porsche models, with a brief discussion of each. Porsche has been known to build small quantities of certain special edition vehicles, usually for the purpose of going racing. The small batch specials are usually built at the motorsport facility in Zuffenhausen, because they are generally perceived as racing cars that can be driven on the street. So just how rare are these cars?
#5 - Porsche 964-generation 911 Turbo S: 86 Produced
#4 - Porsche 924 Carrera GTS: 50 Produced
#3 - Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion: 21 Produced
#2 - Porsche 911 SC/RS: 20 Produced
#1 - Porsche 356 America Roadster: 16 Produced
Four of these cars were built with motorsport intentions, while the 964 Turbo S was an after-the-fact model which used motorsport ideas, like lightweight carbon fiber, on a rare roadgoing car. One of our favorite things to learn about are Porsche rarities, and these five models would certainly do well as a "Top Five" list of our favorite Porsches. Rare, fast, exciting, and gorgeous, what more could you want from a car?
Next week Porsche will be counting down the top five Porsche sounds, which will certainly be a more contentious list than this one.
- RELATEDPorsche’s Rolling Museum Is Coming to Sunny CaliforniaYou don't have to be at Porsche headquarters in Zuffenhausen to see the brand's finest historic rides.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 964-Based "Safari RS" Just Shut Down The Off Road Porsche GameBuilt By Kelly-Moss, This All-Wheel-Drive "Safari RS Version 2.0" Is Nigh UnstoppableREAD NOW
- RELATEDNew Short Film What A Ride Captures the Tragic Death of a Porsche DevoteeFilmmaker Daniel Soares releases a new short that chronicles the last joyful days of a Porsche-obsessed Californian.READ NOW
- RELATEDRWB Porsche Builder Akira Nakai Actually Races CarsNakai-san builds 60 cars a year all over the world. He also races them.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 911 With a Corvette Engine Is a Recipe for InsanityLS1 power, mounted square in the tail.READ NOW