Mark Pribanic’s Outlaw 356 Embodies Iconic Porsche Values
Ferry Porsche was once famously quoted as saying "Our cars are meant to be driven. Not polished." Mark tends to keep that sentiment close to heart.
I first saw this car in person at Luftgekuhlt earlier this year, and while I'd loved following along on Mark's instagram, catching the details up close and in person was a whole new level of attention capturing. Mark loves his 356, and he embraces its age and patina, constantly adding more miles to the odometer. Earlier this year, he drove the car from the Daytona area of Florida to Los Angeles and back. He's not afraid to rack up the miles in his old aircooled outlaw, and it's easy to see that he enjoys each one he's travelled in the car. This video, released today by eGarage, is a gorgeous look at Mark's car and the love affair they share. With vintage look filming techniques and an ethereal feel to the over-the-telephone voiceover provided by Mark himself, it's definitely worth watching a few times.
It is a mindset like Mark's that I try to keep in mind when I drive my own Porsches. The more time I have with my foot on the throttle pedal and the less time I spend washing and polishing, the more fun I'll have with my cars. The outlaw culture has grown a lot in recent years, and these guys sure are a ton of fun to talk cars with. They are less worried about what their car might bring at auction in 10 years and more concerned with when they'll get the next chance to take on the good roads. Get out and drive, as they say. You might make some excellent new stories. Outlaw stories.
- RELATEDDriving Emory Outlaws' Incredible and Sinister Porsche 356Rod Emory is the original Porsche Outlaw.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 356 Pre-A Project For Sale, Some Rust, Needs WorkMinor restoration might be needed to resurrect this 356 from the grave, but it's likely the least expensive way to get into a 356 right now. The aircooled craze is all the rage these days!READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Porsche 356 Daily Driver Just Passed the Million-Mile MarkThree engine rebuilds and five decades after it rolled off the factory floor.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 356 Speedster "Barn Find" Just Sold For $605,000The Auctions America sale in Hilton Head, SC this weekend produced this hugely surprising sale number. I'm sure the seller is pretty happy with the result.READ NOW
- RELATEDCommuting In An Old Aircooled PorscheThis morning on my way out the door, I decided to pick up the 912E keys. It was the right decision.READ NOW