The Crew 2 Release Pushed to Mid-2018
The open-world racing game is now expected to release sometime between April and October 2018.
Those waiting to indulge in some multifaceted racing with The Crew 2 will have to wait a little bit longer. In a blog post by publisher Ubisoft, the upcoming racing game's original release date of March 16, 2018 has been pushed back to sometime in "the first half of our next fiscal year." Given that Ubi's accountants reset themselves every year on the first of April, expect The Crew 2 to drop sometime between April 1 and October 1 of next year.
The French game publisher goes on to explain that developers Ivory Tower "will use the next several months to perform additional playtests, gather player feedback, and continue working towards delivering an ambitious open-world racing experience that meets the team’s and our players’ expectations."
Taking place in a scaled-down caricature of the United States, the game promises to deliver open-world, point-to-point racing beyond just cars. Players will be able to pilot biplanes, speedboats, monster trucks, sport bikes, dirt bikes, and a varied slew of four-wheeled racing machines in addition to Porsche and Chevrolet's latest and greatest.
- RELATEDThe Crew 2 Announced by Ubisoft, Promises to Go 'Beyond the Road'Upcoming open-world racer announced via the game's official Twitter account.READ NOW
- RELATEDXbox One X Review: This 4K Powerhouse Is the Closest You’ll Get to Lifelike Racing on a ConsoleEver want to race a Lamborghini around the streets of Rio? A Bugatti in the Swiss Alps? Here’s your chance.READ NOW
- RELATEDForza Motorsport 7 Named Best Sports/Racing Game at The Game AwardsIt beat out GT Sport, Project Cars 2, NBA 2K18, FIFA, and PES.READ NOW
- RELATEDGran Turismo Sport Free Updates Add Singleplayer Campaign, 15 New CarsThe newest Gran Turismo game goes old-school.READ NOW
- RELATEDNeed for Speed Payback Car List Revealed, Toyota and Lexus MissingHere are the 74 cars you can drive in the next NFS, none of which come out of Toyota City.READ NOW