Forza Motorsport 7, GT Sport, Project Cars 2 All Nominated for a Game Award
The trio of racers vie for the title of Best Sports/Racing Game along with FIFA, Pro Evolution Soccer, and NBA 2K18.
It's been a busy year for racing game fans with everybody from hardcore Project Cars-fanatics to casual Need for Speed racers receiving a new release sometime in the past 12 months. It's now been announced that three of 2017's most anticipated and popular racing games—namely Forza Motorsport 7, Gran Turismo Sport, and Project Cars 2—have secured nominations in the Best Sports/Racing Game category at Geoff Keighly's annual Game Awards. Think of it like the Oscars, but for video games instead of movies you lie to your friends about seeing.
Occupying half of the proverbial grid, the trio of racers must also compete against FIFA 18, Pro Evolution Soccer 2018, and NBA 2K18. Despite this, it wouldn't be considered foolish to bet on one of the checkered-flags-and-tire-smoke titles to take the win as the last three winners were Forza Horizon 3, Rocket League, and Mario Kart 8. Okay, so Rocket League and Mario Kart are definitely more car-related than full-on car games, but they're a damn sight more automotive than Madden.
The winners of The Game Awards are determined by an international jury in tandem with online fan voting. Voting can be done on the show's website, Twitter DM, and Facebook page in addition to Google Search Voting. The polls close Dec. 6 and the show will be broadcast live Dec. 7 at 8:30 p.m. EST on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Live, and a bevy of game console streaming services.
Which title do you think deserves the trophy? Forza with its encyclopedic, 700-strong car list, GT with its ambitious, FIA-sanctioned online racing, or Project Cars with its deep, racing focus and formidably comprehensive track list? Those who suggest one of the sportsball nominees can kindly leave this website now and never come back.
- RELATEDTop 10 Racing Games of All TimeFrom modern consoles to dusty old arcades, here's a look at the best car games of all time.READ NOW
- RELATEDExclusive First Impressions From Gran Turismo Sport BetaHands-on with Gran Turismo's long-awaited PS4 debut.READ NOW
- RELATEDOur Review of Forza Motorsport 7: Is It Worth the Upgrade?The take after 814 miles driven, and more than eight hours spent on track.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Developer of Project Cars 2 May Be Making a Fast & Furious GameFor that $59.99 or less ... you'll be free.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Gran Turismo Sport Video Game Super Bundle Comes With a Real-Life Mazda MiataNever. Stop. Driving.READ NOW