Nissan Adds 'Midnight Edition' Packages to 3 Truck Models During Solar Eclipse
Nissan shrouds its lineup in darkness just in time for the moon to do the same.
The Great American Solar Eclipse occurring Monday is the talk of the nation and it seems like even the car companies want to celebrate its arrival. If you can't make it to Carhenge in Nebraska on August 21st to glance at the eclipse, Nissan has a clever solution: buy its trucks. Specifically, Nissan is giving three more models in its lineup the Midnight Edition treatment, which adds unique black accents and certain premium features for a discounted price. The Murano, Rogue, Pathfinder, Sentra, Altima, and Maxima already feature the package, and now three models from its truck lineup are joining Nissan's League of Shadows.
As the Nashville skies went black on Monday, Nissan unveiled the Midnight Edition package for the Frontier, Titan, and Titan XD. Although Nissan is keeping us in the dark about prices, it promises that the package will be a better deal than optioning out a regular truck with similar features.
The Titan and Titan XD package comes with blacked-out badging, step rails, outside mirrors, door handles, wheels, headlights, fog lights, and grille. Trucks equipped with the package will have special "Midnight Edition" badges on the exterior and floor mats. Midnight Edition buyers can choose from Pearl White, Magnetic Black, and Gun Metallic exterior paints, but are bound to the Charcoal interior trim. The package is limited to certain trim levels, available only the Titan Crew Cab SV and SL , and Titan XD 4x4s with the 5.0-liter Cummins engine.
The smaller Nissan Frontier Midnight Edition receives similar features, including black bumpers, badging, mirrors, door handles, grille, and 18-inch alloy wheels. The package can be had on the Crew Cab SV trim with Gun Metallic, Glacier White, and Magnetic Black exterior colors.
Although it's only offered on some of the more expensive trims, the Midnight Edition is a bright choice for those looking for a well-optioned truck for a steal. The package will be available for the 2018 models this fall.
- RELATEDNew Nissan Titan King Cab Starts at $32,550Nissan has announced pricing for it's proclaimed king of the pickups.READ NOW
- RELATEDNissan Titan Warrior Runs Amok in DetroitSet loose in the heart of Motor City, a Japanese Titan flexes its muscles, and we wince.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Nissan Titan V8 4×4 Can Handle Pretty Much Anything You Throw Its WayFrom parking lots to treacherous trails.READ NOW
- RELATEDNissan Announces Midnight Edition Package for 6 ModelsThey've seen success with the SR Maxima and decided to flood the rest with the same treatment.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Nissan Leaf Specs LeakedSome details that probably weren't supposed to be published were found hiding in plain sight.READ NOW