Jaguar Wants Lots of Electric Cars by 2020 and Mercedes-Benz Pulls Away from Diesel: The Evening Rush
Plus, a blanket that heats up and charges your iPhone.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
According to reports, Jaguar Land Rover is saying half its lineup will be hybrids or all-electric by 2020. This announcement was made by CEO Ralf Speth as he showed off the I-Pace concept at the L.A. Auto Show. The I-Pace is expected to be the brand’s first production all-electric vehicle when it leaves the plant in 2018.
Now that diesel engines have a negative image in North America (thanks largely to the VW Group), Mercedes-Benz has decided to back off its diesel production. As the diesel powerplant continues to trend downward, Mercedes-Benz has decided to reduce the number of vehicles with the oil-burning option.
Pixar is finally making a third edition of the popular Cars movies. After nearly six years out of the spotlight, Lightning McQueen is finally making a return…for now. The grim new trailer hints at McQueen’s demise in a violent crash. Let’s see if this is still in fact a kid’s movie.
Get rid of all the remotes around your house and condense everything to the Sevenhugs Smart Remote. Compatible with more than 25,000 different devices, the smart remote allows users to easily operate everything in their house by just pointing and clicking.
What would you do if I told you there was a battery-powered heated blanket that also charged your phone? You would most likely ask me where to purchase one. Fortunately, that item is on Kickstarter, and it is called The Rumple Puff.
Steep & Cheap always has a flurry of great deals but their Black Friday sales are going to be insane. With items up to 80 percent off, you are bound to find something you like at a great deal. Happy hunting.
As the holiday season quickly approaches, there is a good chance you will be doing a lot of cooking—and subsequently, a lot of cutting. Rather than hacking away at a turkey with a dull knife, invest in a Best Made Co. Arkansas stone to get that perfect edge.
- RELATEDDriving the Chevrolet Bolt: Dance 10, Looks 3Is GM's affordable EV a fait accompli, or fatally flawed?READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Customized Lamborghini Huracan Is Leading Jumbo Jets Around the Bologna AirportAnd that ain't no bologna.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla and SpaceX Targeted by Alt-Right SuperPacSomeone created a fake-news website dedicated to destroying Elon Musk.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormula 1 Could Lose the Malaysia and Singapore RacesThe Southeast Asian countries may not renew their contracts to host F1 races after 2018.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Racer Hot-Lap a 505-HP Alfa Romeo Giulia—Without LookingNext time, let's see it without verbal assistance.READ NOW