The Rock Just Gave Us a Sneak Peek at the Cars of Fast 8
Vipers and Lambos and concept cars, oh my.
Last week, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson threw a selfie video on Instagram to stir up hype for his new movie, Central Intelligence—which, as every movie in 2016 is legally mandated to do, co-stars Kevin Hart. Normally, even The Rock's genial demeanor and infectious energy wouldn't be enough to convince The Drive to discuss his always-entertaining Instagram account. But this post was different. Johnson broadcast this Instagram video straight from the warehouse holding the cars for the new Fast & Furious movie, Fast 8.
Among the more interesting vehicles Johnson points out are the Nissan IDx concept car, a stillborn Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86 competitor Nissan toyed with building before shutting the project down; a blue, seemingly-modified Dodge Viper that he describes as "the fastest Viper in the world," and a highly modified Buick Biscayne that clearly would be the sort of car The Rock would rock.
he video's resolution is as low as you'd expect from something shot on a iPhone's front lens—hey, even The Rock can't force Apple to build a better selfie camera—but it's still decent enough to pick out a few other cars hidden amongst the roughly two dozen vehicles in the building. There's an orange Toyota Supra, much like the one Paul Walker drove in the movie that started the franchise 15 years ago; a silver first-gen Porsche Cayman; what appears to be a late-model Aston Martin Vanquish; and of course, a smattering of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Rolls-Royces.
- RELATEDFast 8 Finds Its Villain—And She's a Familiar Face to Car NutsCharlize Theron joins the cast.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs Fast 8 Filming in Cuba?Shooting a car movie on the island’s roads won’t be easy. Here’s why.READ NOW
- RELATEDScott Eastwood Joins Charlize Theron in Fast 8The Fast family grows by one.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Footage of Fast 8 Filming a Race in CubaToretto and the Fast family take over Havana.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Fast and the Furious Is Returning to Movie Theaters This SummerTake a trip back to the halcyon days before Dom and the gang became the automotive version of Ocean's Eleven.READ NOW