Gran Turismo Sport Adds 13 New Cars and Tsukuba Circuit
Highlights include the E30 BMW M3 and Ford GT40.
As teased on Saturday, Gran Turismo Sport is getting 13 new cars. In a decidedly Japan-centric update, the PlayStation 4 racing game gains a handful of Super GT racers, the game's own Red Bull fantasy prototypes, a couple more GT-Rs, new "Cherry Blossom" photo mode backdrops, as well as the country's famous Tsukuba Circuit. A mainstay stomping ground for a wide variety of Japanese motorsports, the track is perhaps best known overseas for hosting the shenanigans of Best Motoring, which if you're unaware is essentially televised, real-life Gran Turismo.
Some non-Japanese vehicular highlights include the E30 BMW M3 (making its series debut, inexplicably), the Mark I Ford GT40, and the Aston Martin DB11. Here's the full list:
- Honda Raybrig Concept-GT
- Lexus Au Tom’s RC F
- Nissan Motul Autech GT-R
- Aston Martin DB11
- BMW M3 Sport Evolution
- Eckerts Rod & Custom Mach Forty
- Ford GT40 Mark I
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior
- Lexus RC F GT3
- Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC)
- Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)
- Nissan GT-R Nismo
This month's update also throws in three new singleplayer events: the "Red Bull X-Junior Series," the "All Japan GT Car Championship" that emulates the country's top sports car racing series, and the Skylines-only "Nissan GT-R Cup." VR Time Trial Mode, Fanatec wheel support as well as museum modes for Mini and Renault Sport round out the March update.
Gran Turismo Sport's latest free downloadable content will be available on PlayStation 4 starting Wednesday at 7:00pm PDT.
- RELATEDGran Turismo Sport Gets 12 New Free CarsThe Alpine A110, De Tomaso Pantera, and Lamborghini Aventador highlight this month's GT content drop.READ NOW
- RELATEDExclusive First Impressions From Gran Turismo Sport BetaHands-on with Gran Turismo's long-awaited PS4 debut.READ NOW
- RELATEDGamer Shows Jay Leno How Gran Turismo Skills Translate to the TrackSee Mom, playing games all day in the basement really is training for my future as a race car driver.READ NOW
- RELATEDGran Turismo Boss Says Next Game May Be Called GT7 and Include MotorcyclesSeries creator Kazunori Yamauchi isn't ruling out Gran Turismo 7 or motorcycles.READ NOW
- RELATEDGran Turismo Sport Adds Monza, 10 New Cars, and Fresh Offline EventsThe Toyota Supra, McLaren F1, and Dodge Viper GTS are all featured in this month's free GT Sport update.READ NOW