Watch the Launch of a Tesla-Powered Honda Accord
The owner claims this 'Teslonda' will do zero to 60 in 2.7 seconds.
When you're embedded in the world of modified cars, you tend to see some wacky things, but this one has got to take the cake.
What started its life as a 1981 Honda Accord is now a 1960's style dragster with a Tesla electric motor powering the rear wheels. The car is also outfitted with a lithium-ion battery from a Chevy Volt, a wheelie bar, and a straight-axle "gasser" type suspension. The Teslonda's builder, Jim Belosic, says that the Accord will go from zero to 60 miles per hour in just 2.7 seconds. Jim thinks it will be able to go even faster on a warm day.
Watch this video to experience what is probably the quietest drag launch you've ever heard, and follow @Teslonda on Instagram for updates on the project.
- RELATEDThis Tuner Can Unlock the Civic Type R Hiding In Your 2018 Honda AccordHow to find the hot hatch hiding in your midsize family sedan.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Honda Accord Takes North American Car of the Year AwardAt the North American International Auto Show, the Honda Accord was crowned Car of the Year, beating out other nominees like the Toyota Camry.READ NOW
- RELATEDUsed Honda Accord Featured in Genius Commercial Now Going for More Than $30,000 on eBayAs of 4 pm. East Coast time hours, the Accord was going for 6,363 percent its KBB value.READ NOW
- RELATEDUtah Company Builds Bulletproof Tesla Model S P100DPopes, presidents, and moguls can now roll in 21st Century style with this armored super sedan.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla's Cash Bleed Slows for Q4 2017After a surge of customer reservations, Tesla inches towards profitability.READ NOW