Florida Man Suspected of Carjacking Arrested While Watching Solar Eclipse
He stopped at Harbor Freight to buy a welding mask, and was arrested in the parking lot while staring at the sky.
More bad luck for poor Florida Man. According to police, 22-year-old Jocsan Feliciano Rosado was driving his allegedly-stolen car on Monday when he decided to stop and view the celestial event that the nation was enjoying together. Apparently, he hadn't picked up any special eclipse glasses or carved up a box to view the eclipse safely, so he swung by everyone’s favorite hardware store, Harbor Freight Tools.
At the Harbor Freight near Kissimmee, Florida, the suspect purchased a welding mask with which to view the full solar eclipse. While standing by his car watching the eclipse with his brand-new welding mask on, Orange County officers made their move and arrested him, sheriff’s spokeswoman Jane Watrel told the Orlando Sentinel.
This is just the latest installment of the many vehicular misadventures of Florida Man covered by The Drive. From trying to steal a cop car with the cop still in it to driving a Corvette 100 mph on surface streets while high on cocaine, to my personal favorite, throwing an alligator into a Wendy’s drive-thru window, our favorite anti-hero (or rather, series of them) just can’t catch a break.
And in case you’re wondering—no, you shouldn’t watch an eclipse through a welding mask.
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested for Pitching Alligator Into Drive-Thru WindowBecause Florida.READ NOW
- RELATEDSolar Eclipse Traffic Made Tesla Supercharging Almost Impossible in Some PlacesWaits of over an hour were reported at some Supercharger locations.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Tries To Steal Police Car With Officer Still InsideFlorida Man strikes again!READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 1989 Mitsubishi Eclipse Ad That References Monday's Solar EclipseIt makes 2017 sound like the distant future.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested After Alleged Cocaine-Fueled 100 MPH Run in Red Chevy CorvetteBaby, you're much too fast.READ NOW