The Evening Rush for Jan. 22, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Pictures of the Jaguar F-Type SVR have leaked, and we are counting down the seconds until this baby hits the pavement. Reportedly cranking out 567 hp from its monstrous 5-liter V-8, the British coupe is bound to leave a trail of rubber wherever it goes—even will all-wheel drive.
The 2017 Ford F-150 will include a start-stop feature to help improve fuel economy. Yes, even the Raptor. Ford engineers estimate that this feature will improve gas mileage by seven percent. Although this is a relatively small improvement, Ford is definitely moving in the right direction.
You can now own James Bond’s Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre thanks to Christie’s Auction House. The car will hit the auction block in February, and is expected to sell for the equivalent of $1.4 million to $2.1 million.
Time to tap into your inner child and pick up a Flexible Flyer Steel Runner Sled for Winter Storm Jonas high jinks. There is something about a wooden/metal sled that brings you back to a time where you would dare your friends to lick a frozen pole.
Still think backpacks and business don’t mix? Rather than stuffing your suit at the bottom of your bag and hoping for the best, the Slick Travel System backpack has compartments to safely store your suit, gym clothes and laptop.
Among the many things we hold close to our hearts are the Maine coastline and a solid brew. Fortunately, Portland-based Peak Organic Brewing Company takes locally grown ingredients and transforms them into some wicked tasty beer. If you are in the New England area, we recommend you pick up a case (or two) of Super Fresh.
It may be cold outside but your food can always be hot, thanks to the world’s seemingly limitless variety of hot sauces. Instead of getting overwhelmed in the sea of options, check out Thrillist’s article on hot sauces from around the world.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for Jan. 21, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDBangor Police’s Winter Storm Jonas Facebook Post Goes ViralTough love from “grumpy Mainers.”READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat Would a Car Designer Sketch—With No Rules?We asked a super-famous designer to show us.READ NOW
- RELATEDBed and Board and Torque in the SnowBuying a custom truck bed isn’t like popping into CarQuest for a starter. It’s a part you commission, like a ship hull or a symphony.READ NOW
- RELATEDEngines and Snow Are Made for Each OtherThe oddball contraptions that make winter worth it.READ NOW