Watch Porsche Win The 2016 WEC Championship All Over Again
Just as the 2017 season is kicking off, the FIA has uploaded the entire 2016 season to YouTube.
We're not very far removed from the start of the 2017 World Endurance Championship season, kicking off with the 6 hours of Silverstone in just 9 days time. The 2016 season featured great battles from Porsche, Audi, and Toyota in the LMP1 category. While Audi has left the series for 2017, you can still go back and relive the amazing drama that was 2016 with three high-level hybrid prototype manufacturers. Thanks to the FIAWEC YouTube page, every single hour of racing is now available for your watching pleasure. There are eight full 6-hour races, plus the highlights package from the 24 hours of Le Mans, giving you more than two days of video coverage to pore over.
Race 1 - 6 Hours of Silverstone
Race 2 - 6 Hours of Spa Francorchamps
Race 3 - 24 Hours of Le Mans
Race 4 - 6 Hours Of The Nurburgring
Race 5 - 6 Hours of Mexico
Race 6 - 6 Hours of COTA
Race 7 - 6 Hours of Fuji
Race 8 - 6 Hours of Shanghai
Race 9 - 6 Hours of Bahrain
Porsche did a great job of managing the racing for the full season. Audi was excluded by infraction from their season opening victory at Silverstone, and Toyota lost out at the last minute at Le Mans, meaning Porsche won six of the nine championship rounds. Following the highs of defending their Le Mans victory, Porsche continued to steamroll the competition. Each one of these races had some excellent racing, superb strategy calls, and phenomenal traffic management. If you didn't follow the season in 2016, you have an opportunity to watch it all now and catch up.
- RELATEDWatch This Porsche 919 Hybrid Blast Through MonzaThe reigning WEC champ flexes its muscles at the legendary circuit.READ NOW
- RELATEDAn Analysis Of Porsche's New Fourth-Generation 919 HybridThe 2017 Porsche 919 Hybrid is favorited to win, and win big, in the LMP1 class this year, so what makes it so great?READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Officially Unveils The 919 Hybrid For 2017Here are all the details and drool-worthy pictures of Porsche's 2017 LMP1 entryREAD NOW
- RELATEDPorsche's 2017 LMP1 Entry 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover In TestingPorsche spent the weekend testing their new hybrid prototype at Paul Ricard.READ NOW
- RELATEDBefore Brendon Hartley Raced Porsche's 919 Hybrid, He Took A Lap Record At Spa In A Vintage MiniYou might think an LMP1 is tough to drive, but this little old Brit car takes some serious car controlREAD NOW