Weekly Wire for August 26, 2016: Massachusetts’s Uber Tax, McLaren’s P1 LM and the Nurburgring, and the 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo
Life's been good to fast car fans and Boston taxi drivers alike lately.
This week on the Weekly Wire, Mike Spinelli, Josh Condon, and Will Sabel Courtney sit down to chat about three of the more notable things to happen in the world of The Drive this week. First, the group talks about Massachusetts's new law that will tax Uber, Lyft, and other app-based ride-hailing services for every trip users take in the state, and give a chunk of it back to the conventional taxi industry. Discussion then turns to the McLaren P1 LM's upcoming trip to the Nurburgring, and the chance that it could set a new production car lap record around the course. Finally, Spinelli discusses his recent drive of the new 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo and Turbo S, which, as he put it...well, you'll have to watch and see for yourself.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 26, 2016: America Is Driving More Miles Than EverAs in, 1.58 trillion miles in the last 6 months alone.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 25th, 2016: To Meet Standards, By 2020 1-in-6 Cars Sold Must Be ElectricA study by the World Energy Counsel shows the only way to emissions regulation compliance is hundreds of thousands of EVs.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 24th, 2016: Self-Driving Cars Will Be Ready by 2019, Automotive Suppliers SayDelphi and Mobileye are joining forces to build an autonomous driving system.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 24, 2016: Lamborghini to Double Production Thanks to Urus SUVDon't worry about dilution, though: Lambo's sports car production will remain capped at 3,500.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 23rd, 2016: Jaguar Land Rover Opening Showroom Specifically for Buying Cars OnlinePop in to learn about the cars. Log on to buy one.READ NOW