Dash Cam Captures Airplane Crash in Front of Traffic in Washington State
Incredibly, no one was seriously injured.
A dash cam captured video of a small plane crashing and damaging some cars in Mukilteo, Washington, on Tuesday afternoon. In spite of the fiery people were seriously injured, according to local news station Q13 Fox.
The Piper airplane was being flown by an Oregon man when it started to lose power, smashed through power lines, slit its fuel cell, and crash-landed onto a roadway, according to the report. Fuel spraying from the plane ignited as it landed, apparently burning up harmlessly (if dramatically) above the street.
Remarkably, the pilot and his passenger reportedly walked away from the crash landing.
The plane took off from Everitt's Paine Field right before 3:30 p.m. and then soon after, the pilot noticed the power loss.
"It looks like he did an incredible job," said Ron Cohen, a pilot who witnessed the incident go down firsthand, according to Q13 Fox.
In the video, you can see the plane descending rapidly and seemingly uncontrollably. As it clips the power lines, massive flames erupt into the sky, and it also appears that the plane nearly takes out a traffic light arm post.
- RELATEDSmart Aims to Break Sales Records—Without a CrossoverSoon they’ll be an electric-only brand in the US.READ NOW
- RELATEDEscape the Work Week With These Space Shuttle "Dash Cam" VideosBlast through Hump Day and leave Earth behind in the last fights of the Discovery, Endeavour, and Atlantis.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Estonian Police End a Bike Chase—the Fast WayEstonian biker and his passenger learn the dangers of running from the police.READ NOW
- RELATEDDash Cam Video Shows Why You Don't Cut Off Tractor TrailersWhat was this guy thinking?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Uber–Waymo Legal Drama Is Heating Up Even FurtherWaymo is turning up the pressure in its ongoing legal spat with Uber over alleged stolen secrets.READ NOW