Watch a Mini Cooper Get a Dose of Instant Karma After Brake-Checking a Truck
This driver was soon given cause to regret his actions after a truck merged into his lane.
There's stupid, and then there's this. Last year, a man in Norway performed a few dangerous acts in order to make a point to the driver of a semi truck. The story, originally published by a local news source, reviews the full story in detail—from the incident caught on the truck's dash camera all the way to the court room.
In the beginning of the video, the driver of the truck merges into another lane as his ends. Just afterwards, a horn blares that sounds an awful lot like a Mini Cooper's horn. We can't assume it because we don't see for sure, but it appears that the truck may have gotten a little to close to the Mini than the driver's comfort zone allowed for. The driver of the Mini stated that he sounded his horn and flashed his lights to signal the truck as it was cutting him off.
Shortly afterwards, the Mini can be seen on the wrong side of the road, illegally passing the giant truck, nearly colliding with oncoming traffic to make the pass. Sure enough, the Mini's brake lights illuminate and the 3,000-pound car comes to a stop. Due to the massive weight difference betwene the two vehicles, however, the truck could not come to a stop as quickly as the Mini, leading to a collision. Though not much damage could be seen from the video, the driver is clearly upset as he jumps out to confront the truck's operator, then buries his face in his phone after walking back to his car.
The driver of the Mini was fined 10,200 kroner for various traffic violations and legal fees (or $1,450), as well as had his license suspended for eleven months. Check out the video of the incident below:
- RELATEDWhat Happens When You Accidentally Buy T-Pain’s Custom Mini CooperWord to the wise: $8,000 airbag suspension systems don't age well.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe World’s Fastest Mini Cooper?Probably, since it goes 175 mph in the quarter-mile.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Porsche Wagon and a Mini Cooper Sedan: The Evening RushPlus, Patagonia jackets on the cheap and one good, dark brew.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2016 Mini Cooper Clubman Ain’t CuteAs a prolechariot, however, it is a bit of a marvel.READ NOW
- RELATEDMini Cooper Convertible Is All-New, Still Not a MiataHow to top the best sub-$30,000 convertible on the planet? You don’t.READ NOW