Watch a Crashing Peugeot Rally Car Nearly Hit a Baby
Bringing a baby to a rally is definitely a "no no" in the parenting 101 book.
Being a spectator at a rally is one of the more dangerous events you can spectate at. Due to the limited safety barriers, high speeds of the vehicles, and inherently tricky courses, rallies see their fair share of crashes. Unfortunately, those crashes often are around spectating areas and frequently involve said spectators.
In the video below, you can see a Peugeot 205 GTI miss its turn and skid off the course into a group of spectators at the 2017 Rallye de Trois Ponts. Narrowly squeezing between and official and a baby the Peugeot avoids a potentially deadly situation. Before the video comes to a close, we found ourselves yelling, “Hey lady! Why did you bring a damn baby?” at the screen. Unfortunately, she must have not had the same train of thought as us, since she had her stroller parked right next to the course, with zero form of protective barrier between her and a speeding rally car.
What can we learn from this? Babies have no place at a rally course...especially not at a bend where any car missing its mark goes directly toward the baby.
- RELATEDFord To Live Stream 2017 World Rallycross SeasonNow you have no excuse to not watch Ken Block's seizure-inducing Focus RS RX fight for America's pride.READ NOW
- RELATEDTurning the $2,000 Crapcan BMW Into a Cheap Rally CarIn Episode Two of /BORN A CAR, Ryan finds out (the hard way) what it'll take to turn the beat-up, $2,000 BMW 325is into a rally car.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Durango Plows Into Two Cars at Tollbooth in Fatal Houston CrashThe Buick sedan absorbed the majority of impact energy.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Head-On Crash Shows How Safe Cars Have BecomeStop worrying and learn to love crumple zones.READ NOW
- RELATED'Baby Driver' Release Date Pushed up to June 28thBest Subaru commercial ever joins Cars 3 and Transformers 5 in theaters this June.READ NOW