You Can Pay to Drive Around a Military-Style Tank and Crush Cars in Florida for Fun
'The massive tank beneath you will obliterate every barrier blocking its path.'
Unless you were in the military, you've probably never even gotten close to a moving tank, let alone driven one.
A new themed-attraction in Melbourne, Florida hopes to change that for anyone who would like to steer one through a series of combat simulation exercises.
Tank America is taking reservations for people who seek to command an FV433 Abbot tank around a forest trail. For $395, you'll be able to hitch a ride in an armored personnel carrier before taking your turn as the commander of a massive 17-ton military-style vehicle.
According to the description of the "basic training" package offered on Tank America's website:
The massive tank beneath you will obliterate every barrier blocking its path, its 105 mm Howitzer cannon leading the way. You’ll traverse plenty of rugged terrain and avoid deadly obstacles as you drive the FV433 into the lush forest ahead. Keep your eyes peeled for enemies along the way as you edge along barren lake beds and clamber up steep dunes.
For those customers who would like to take their experience to the extreme, the company offers an "advanced troops" package at $899 that allows drivers to crush a car with the FV433. It also includes a souvenir GoPro video and you can bring a friend along for the ride with you.
The company says that tank experiences will launch in January of next year.
- RELATEDThe Army Desperately Wants A Pint Sized Tank With A Big Gun, Here's What We KnowWorried about Russia, the service is rushing to get these vehicles, but it has had big trouble with acquiring little tanks in the past.READ NOW
- RELATEDThese Rental Car Companies Rank the Highest in Customer SatisfactionThe latest study from J.D. Power says sharply lower rental rates are making for more satisfied drivers.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Lifted Cadillac Escalade Pull a Military Truck Out of Harvey's FloodwatersIn the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, help comes in many forms.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Rezvani Tank Would Get You Through The Zombie Apocalypse Just FineYou could do worse than a 500-horsepower, custom-bodied Wrangler with a HEMI swap and military tech.READ NOW
- RELATEDHouston-Area Homeowner's Association Goes to War with Man Over His WWII Sherman Tank"If you're offended, just lighten up. My goodness, it isn't hurting anyone," the owner said.READ NOW