Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta Does Donuts on a Public Street During Gumball 3000
Not so close to the crowd, moron.
Burnouts and donuts, like exotic supercars and outlandish liveries, are a staple of the Gumball 3000 and its associated events. Throw together high-horsepower sports cars, adventure-seeking rich guys, and crowds of onlookers desperate for YouTube-worthy clips, and you have a formula for burning rubber...as well as plenty of other types of, shall we say, less-than-responsible behavior. Case in point: This video from the 2017 installment of the Gumball, in which a Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta rips off some donuts on a public street less than a yard from a crowd of spectators.
According to the video's description, the Ferrari in question was being piloted by Dutch DJ Afrojack and Canadian sports car enthusiast-slash-social media celebrity Josh Cartu. (For what it's worth, Cartu is well-known—and not particularly well-regarded—amongst the Ferrari fanatics at FerrariChat.) The donuts in question took place in Budapest during the Gumball rally's stop there, on what clearly seems to be a public street with flowing traffic. Interestingly enough, the LaFerrari doesn't wear the bright, obvious livery required for Gumball entrants; as Cartu is listed as an entrant in this year's rally in his Ferrari 488 Spider, it seems he may have brought his 949-horsepower hybrid hypercar just for fun.
Look, many of us at The Drive are no stranger to committing acts of hoonage in public arenas. Your humble author, for example, was a party to multiple epic burnouts while driving across the country in a Cadillac CTS-V during the 2012 installment of the Gumball. (I'd like to point out to Time Inc.'s lawyers that this occurred years before I was in the employ of The Drive.) But those were all conducted with plenty of space between our stupidly-powerful speed machine and the excitable, camera-toting crowds. Doing it within literal spitting distance of pedestrians...that's a whole 'nuther ballgame.
- RELATEDWatch a Ferrari LaFerrari Drift and Blast Through an Australian SuburbSometimes you just gotta let your hybrid hypercar run.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs This Ferrari LaFerrari Worth $3.3 Million?Hypercar prices are always insane, but come on.READ NOW
- RELATEDDoes This Mysterious New Ferrari Pack LaFerrari’s Hybrid V12?A handful of Instagram teasers fuel a firestorm of curiosity.READ NOW
- RELATEDI Was Arrested, Then Kidnapped, During The Gumball 3000When things go wrong during Gumball, they go really, really wrong.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat Does One Do After The Gumball?READ NOW