A Terrifying Lap in the Audi R8 V10 Plus
The Drive's disturbingly calm chief auto critic talks us through a 180 mph Daytona run.
Topping 180 mph on Daytona International Speedway's banked oval takes feet of lead, nerves of steel, and the ace factor of a fighter pilot. The Drive chief auto critic Lawrence Ulrich has all of those things, plus a short-sleeved racing suit. Badass, we know, but he's all ours, ladies.
- RELATEDThe Mustang GT350R Is a Screaming Exotic at Muscle Car PricesYou can't buy much supercar for $63,500, but you can buy a helluva lot of Mustang.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi R8 Spyder Spotted in NamibiaDrop-top super sports car caught in the nude on the open road.READ NOW
- RELATEDLawrence Ulrich Drives the Audi R8 to 180 mph at DaytonaFinally, a proper venue to wring out a supercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDStranded at Whole Foods in a 2016 Audi R8 V10 PrototypeThis pre-production R8 is a hot car. If you can get it started…READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Audi R8 Spyder Is a Sports Car to Be Seen InAlso, the one that's easy to see out of.READ NOW