Indian Motorcycle Opens Behind-the-Scenes 'Experience Center' at Iowa Factory
There's a new mandatory destination for Indian enthusiasts.
A cross-state blast across Iowa just got a little more interesting for riders. Indian Motorcycle has just opened a new Experience Center at their Spirit Lake, Iowa factory where Indian—and formerly Victory—motorcycles are built. The Experience Center will serve as a sort of museum and product showcase to show off new and old bikes. The idea is to connect enthusiasts with both the heritage and new innovations of the iconic brand.
You can also get a behind-the-scenes tour of the plant and see how motorcycles are born. A press release from the company published by Motorcycle.com promises visitors the chance to watch a bike being built from start to finish, rolling off the assembly line at the end. It will also serve as a venue for private events.
"As America’s first motorcycle company, we have a rich history and a loyal following of motorcyclists," Indian Motorcycle President Steve Menneto said in the release. "Right in America’s heartland, the Experience Center not only serves as a unique destination for motorcyclists to engage with the brand but also showcases our outstanding people who build premium motorcycles."
The first visitors to the Indian Experience Center other than employees, friends, and family are riders attending the Boji Bike Rally, which is sponsored by Indian, who get to tour the new exhibit Friday and Saturday.
The Indian Experience Center is free to visit, but it’s by appointment only. They’ll be open on weekdays from August 21 through November 3 of 2017 and will reopen in 2018. If you’d like to visit, call the Spirit Lake plant at 712-336-6955.
- RELATEDYou Can Now Get a Tattoo With Ink Made From an Indian Motorcycle BurnoutThis brings tattoos and motorcycle culture closer than ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDLee Munro Breaks Speed Record on an Indian ScoutThe record was previously set by his great uncle Burt Munro on an Indian Scout Streamliner 50 years ago.READ NOW
- RELATEDIndian Is Selling 50 Commemorative Flat Track ScoutsIncluded with the race-dominating bike is a VIP trip to an American Flat Track race, plus a flat track riding lesson from a member of the Wrecking Crew.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch and Hear the Badass New Indian Scout BobberNo tassels to be found here.READ NOW
- RELATEDVictory Motorcycles Is DeadIowa-based Harley rival shuts its doors for good.READ NOW