Best Jeep Grab Handles: Keep Safe During Travels
Keep yourself and your passengers safe while off-roading with the best Jeep grab handles
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
If you love traveling on rough roads in a Jeep, it’s essential you own grab handles to prevent yourself and your passengers from falling out and getting seriously injured on rough terrain. A grab handle prevents accidents when the road is icy or wet since you’re more likely to injure yourself in a Jeep than a regular car.
We’ve discovered the top three best Jeep grab handles to keep you safe, secure, and comfortable in a jeep. All of these also provide easy installation and worry-free entry and exit to your Jeep.
Bartact designed these Jeep grab handles with powder-coated steel hardware that offers a non-slip surface and prevents any moisture and sweat from building up on the handles. The additional center strap prevents the handle from collapsing, so it’s always there should you need to grab it for safety.
These exceptionally-priced grab handles feature a non-slip handle to make it easier to get in and out of your vehicle. Each are made of ABS and canvas to provide a weather-resistant and durable finish.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Jeep Grab Handles
- Get in and out of your Jeep more easily. It's not always easy to get in and out of a Jeep, particularly if you are vertically challenged. The best grab handles for Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators give you some leverage, so you can pull yourself up into the seat without much effort.
- Rest your hands. Whether you're the driver or a passenger, you have to leave your arms somewhere, either on the steering wheel, your lap, or on an armrest. The best Jeep Wrangler grab handles give you a place to put your hands when you hit the road.
- Secure passengers. If you take your Jeep off-road, it can get very bumpy. The best grab handles for Jeeps help keep you in your seat on the passenger side without bouncing around all over the place, which is particularly important if you're riding without the top and doors on.
- Reach the roof rack. Jeeps, particularly lifted ones, are taller than passenger vehicles. It can be challenging to reach the top and access a roof rack to load and unload supplies. The best Jeep handles help you access any hard-to-reach items on the roof.
Types of Jeep Grab Handles
The best paracord Jeep grab handles are user-friendly and easy to install. One of the best things about them is you can attach and remove them quickly and as often as necessary. Paracord grab handles sway with the movement of the Jeep, which some passengers enjoy.
The most heavy-duty Jeep grab bars are made out of metal. They are constructed of solid metal, such as aluminum alloy, and some brands are foldable. They are extremely sturdy and are often immobile. Solid steel grip handles do not swing back and forth like other types of grab handles, but they may block part of the window. Many include cushion handles for comfort.
Plastic Jeep grab handles are the most cost-effective, but that's not always a good thing. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, there are several plastic options available on the market. However, they are cheap for a reason and typically aren't made very well. As a result, they won't last very long.
Bartact is based in Murrieta, California, and has been making seat covers, accessory bags, and grab handles since 2011. The company uses a lot of input from military personnel, off-roaders, outdoorsmen, and commercial truckers when designing its products. One of its popular Jeep grab handles is the Bartact TAOGHUPBR Grab Handles.
Rough Country is based in Dyersburg, Tennessee, and has been in business since 1996. The company is known for its lift kits and off-road products, which are designed with quality and ease of installation in mind. One of its popular grab handles is the Rough Country Black Steel Grab Handles Front Compatible w/ 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK.
OxGord, based in Los Angeles, California, has been making automotive accessories and home products for over 15 years. In addition to grab handles, the company manufactures items such as fender flares, shock absorbers, seat covers, diagnostic tools, and towing and hauling accessories. One top product is the OxGord Roll Bar Grab Handle Set for Jeep, UTV & ATV.
Jeep Grab Handles Pricing
- Under $20: You can get a decent set of Jeep grab handles without spending a lot of money. These less-expensive products are made of nylon, canvas, and Velcro, but may only feature two in a set. They are typically adjustable.
- Around $50: Expect to pay more money for a more high-quality set of grab handles. They are made of better materials, such as metal and paracord, and have non-slip features. They are more durable and longer-lasting than cheaper options.
Look for the sturdiest grab handles you can find. They should be made of strong materials and strong attachments. Many are affixed to the Jeep using bolts, and some can be welded to the vehicle (making this the strongest option). Handles made of high-grade steel are preferable because they won't warp or bow.
If you drive frequently with the top and doors removed, you want a set of Jeep grab handles that will outlast the elements. Look for products that have rust-proof and weatherproof qualities so they don't fail after a short period of use. Better handles are powder-coated and feature thick materials.
The great thing about your Jeep is you can drive with the top down. But the last thing you want to hear is noise emitted from poorly-designed grab handles. This can be particularly frustrating when you're taking a road trip. The best Jeep grab handles have little or no effect on the vehicle's aerodynamics and do not create drag.
Jeep Wrangler grab handles should be the right size for your vehicle. They should not affect its functionality in any way, including the operation of the doors. The handles should also be ergonomic so that your hand doesn't slip off of them. Longer handles give you more surface area to hold onto.
- Installation: Most front and rear grab handles can be installed using your Jeep's mounting holes. Some don't require any tools for installation, while other brands may include items such as a screwdriver in their packaging. Look for products that provide easy installation instructions.
- Style: Some brands come in just one color, while other brands provide you a lot of color options. Decide whether you want them to stick out or blend in with your Jeep, whether it’s a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, a Jeep Wrangler JL, or a Jeep Wrangler YJ. The material of the handles also affects the look of your Jeep. Do you want heavy-duty metal or a softer look?
Best Jeep Grab Handles Reviews & Recommendations 2020
- Purchase a grab handle that’s weather-resistant and suitable for when you drive your Jeep. Handles made of metals aren’t ideal for year-round use, as they can become slippery in warm weather.
- For increased safety, it’s important that the driver and all passengers have access to a grab handle for entering and exiting the Jeep.
- Consider the grab handle’s compatibility with your vehicle. Check the build, material, sturdiness, installation, and size so the product perfectly complements your vehicle without affecting its function.
Q: Is it essential to own a grab handle for your Jeep?
A: Yes! These products ensure the driver and passengers can enter and exit the vehicle safely and don’t experience any injuries during the ride.
Q: Is it best to purchase a welded or bolted handle?
A: Welded jeep grab handles are designed with metals that aren’t appropriate for all weather conditions, so we advise a bolted product that uses high-quality plastic.
Q: What maintenance is involved in a grab handle?
A: Check the fasteners regularly, and tighten them if they’ve become loose. Replace any fractured or bent bolts and keep them clean and dust-free to increase their longevity. If your grab handles become damaged or broken, check your warranty and return them, if applicable.
If you’re searching for the best Jeep grab handles, we recommend Bartact TAOGHUPBR Grab Handles because they offer a superior fit and are designed with a non-slip backing.
Alternatively, opt for the Roll Bar Grab Handles if you’re looking for a durable product that offers excellent value.