BMW Driver Jailed After Driving on Highway Without Tires and Fighting Cops
When one stupid act led to another, this Pennsylvania man ended up on the wrong side of the law with nothing but a damaged Bimmer to show for it.
A Pennsylvania man put up a fight after being pulled over for driving his BMW 6 Series convertible without tires, damaging the public roadways and—undoubtedly—his wheels.
According to the New York Daily News, the man drove down I-95 through Philadelphia for 10 minutes with no tires before being stopped by Pennsylvania State Police. And while luxury cars such as this BMW are known for a smooth ride and great handling, something tells us this guy wasn’t too worried about driving dynamics as he plowed down the highway on May 7.
Law enforcement received multiple calls from other drivers, who told them the BMW convertible was tearing chunks out of the road surface as it drove along, hurling debris at other vehicles. There is no word on how long the guy rode around before merging onto the highway.
Police found the shoeless cabriolet and its reckless driver a few miles down the road. It’s unclear exactly how fast the man was driving, but he’d only made it four miles in the 10 minutes between originally being spotted and the police catching up (roughly 25 miles per hour—math is hard). He was stopped by what appears to be a dumping ground for old tires, which probably should have been his first stop of the day. The man found out quickly that playing stupid games wins stupid prizes and was tased after becoming combative with police, who arrested him and shipped him off to a local hospital for evaluation.
- RELATEDSpeeding BMW Causes Brooklyn Building to Collapse Spectacularly After Heavy-Hitting CrashRaw video footage shows the Bimmer knocking the building off its supports around 11:30 p.m. on Monday.READ NOW
- RELATEDAustralian Cops Will Rock BMW M5 Competition Interceptors in Highway Patrol FleetThink you can outrun the Victoria Highway Patrol? Think again.READ NOW
- RELATEDPrice of 2020 Toyota Supra Would've Hit Six-Figure Mark Without BMW's R&D HelpThank the Germans for your new Japanese sports car.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrool at the Sound of an LS7-Swapped BMW E46 M3 Lapping Germany's Hockenheim CircuitImagine 650 American ponies paired to a glorious German chassis.READ NOW
- RELATEDHomebuilt Electric E30 BMW 3 Series with a Tesla-GM Powertrain Is the Future of Hot RodsThink hot rods are going extinct in the electric future? Think again.READ NOW