Sideshow Idiots, Now Shutting Down the Bay Bridge
The latest in chronic idiocy plaguing California.
There are plenty of places to take a car if you feel like burning rubber, cooking up donuts or just generally hooning around. An empty parking lot, for example. An abandoned runway, perhaps. A dry lake bed or large meadow, for the more rurally located. Here, however, is a place that isn’t ideal: The San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
That didn’t stop one group of idiots, led by one idiot driving a Pontiac GTO. Around 12:45 p.m. on Saturday, February 13, a sideshow shut down the westbound upper lanes of the Bay Bridge so the idiot in the gray Goat could vaporize tires. Police were dispatched after a flurry of 911 calls from other drivers, but weren’t able to reach the bridge in time; the California Highway Patrol says an investigation is under way.
Sideshows—where a pack of idiots in cars shut down a roadway so they can act like idiots—are hardly new to the Bay Area. But up until now, the idiots have rarely blocked roadways quite as prominent as, say, the area’s largest bridge.
Seriously. Go home.
- RELATED8 Cars That Legally Can’t Cross the Brooklyn BridgeHigh rollers and urban cowboys, look away.READ NOW
- RELATEDCoyotes, High on Peyote, Attacking Cars in San FranciscoJust kidding—they’re actually on magic mushrooms.READ NOW
- RELATEDCalifornia's Methane Leak Has Offset EV Emission SavingsAs a greenhouse gas, methane is 29 times more potent than CO2.READ NOW
- RELATEDO.J.’s Bronco Turns Up in CaliforniaTwenty-odd years after the slowest chase on TV, it’s back.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe California “Junkyard Dog” That Beat the ExoticsThe O.G. Old Yeller parks at the Petersen.READ NOW