Check Out This 1954 Chevy 3100 Truck With a Quad-Turbocharged Duramax
The more turbochargers the merrier.
When you look at a 1954 Chevy 3100 truck, you don't exactly think of speed or power. Instead, you remember the emergence of the work truck and post war era. However, a gentleman named David Pilgrim changed all that when he strapped four turbochargers to his 1954 Chevy 3100.
Originally used as a company truck for a Harley Davidson dealership he worked at, Pilgrim eventually decided to pump more life into the truck. Thanks to a Duramax diesel V-8 and four turbochargers, Pilgrim was able to get serious power out of the pickup. The build took place at Johnson's Hot Rod Shop in Gadsden, Alabama and was tuned by S&S Diesel Motorsports. The truck is configured in such a fashion that the torque does not come on too early and the horsepower can be easily adjusted, allowing it to get a decent start when competing at Bonneville with Pilgrim & Stubbs Land Speed Racing Team. According to Johnson's Hot Rod Shop, the truck is currently running an insane 100+ pounds of boost so we can safely assume 1,000 horsepower is a frequent number they surpass.
In addition to a Duramax Diesel V-8 and four Comp turbochargers, the 1954 Chevy 3100 truck has a Liberty Equalizer seven-speed clutchless transmission and a custom Art Morrison C7 independent front and 4-bar rear suspension.
- RELATEDThis Hot Rod Porsche 912 Is Patina Purebred Sports CoupeThe entry level Porsche of the 60s is highly regarded by those in the know.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Smallblock-Powered 1963 Ferrari GTE Hot Rod Was for Sale on eBay for $120,000This hot rod is a mess of things that normally shouldn't go together.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Matching-Numbers 1954 Chevy C1 Corvette is the Barn Find of the SummerIt's the second-rarest year for America's iconic sports car.READ NOW
- RELATEDGM, Duramax Celebrate 2 Million 6.6-Liter Diesel EnginesDuramax diesels can be found in the Chevy Silverado 2500HD, GMC Sierra 2500HD, and many other vehiclesREAD NOW
- RELATEDIs the Honda S2000 F20C the Perfect Toyota AE86 Engine Swap?A Toyota cult icon made better with a Honda heart.READ NOW