Volvo Releases Pricing on its Crucial New XC60 Crossover SUV
This elegant lil' followup to the XC90 is priced to dine on BMW X3's and Mercedes GLC's lunch.
The 2018 Volvo XC60, a long awaited midsize followup to last year's refined fullsize SUV, the XC90, is hitting dealers this summer in three different trim packages in the United States starting at $41,500 for the base T5, and topping out at $56,700 for the top trim T8—a few bucks less than the competitors in the crowded luxury SUV market.
The new Volvo XC60, which is build on the same modular Scalable Product Platform, or SPA, as the XC90, will come in three different trim packages: Momentum, R-Design, and Inscription.
The XC60 will come to the US initially with one engine, a 2.0-liter, turbo- and supercharged inline four. Three cars are arriving this year are the T5, with 250-horsepower, the T6 AWD (316-hp, and the T8 twin-engine eAWD, with 400-hp and 10.4 kwh.
The modular SPA platform and limited engine range are core strategic components to achieving Volvo's stated goal of focusing on hybrids and electrification in the future. Volvo also wants to contain the engineering within Volvo, avoiding using other builders. In the United States, Volvo saw 18% growth in 2016, and expects to sell 28,000 XC60s in the US in 2018.
Stand by for a full review of the new Volvo XC60 later this week.
- RELATEDThis Volvo XC90 Is the Ambulance I Want to Ride in if I Ever Need to Ride in an AmbulanceIt's the Volvo you've always wanted to save your life.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo to Make U.S. Debut of All-New 2018 XC60 at 2017 New York Auto ShowThe T8 trim of the compact SUV will receive a 400-horsepower plug-in hybrid engine.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Volvo XC60 Makes a Bold Statement for Safety"...By 2020 no one should be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car."READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo XC60 Will Steer Itself Away From Potential AccidentsThe crossover will have three new tech-heavy safety features designed to prevent drivers from crashing.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription is One Swift SwedeWith a turbo and supercharger under the hood!READ NOW