FCA Packed the New York Auto Show to the Gills With Horsepower
Between the Dodge Challenger Demon and Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, FCA wasn't messing around.
It's no secret Fiat Chrysler Automobiles brought the heat to the 2017 New York International Auto Show. With gobs of power available in everything ranging from the Challenger to the Durango, FCA has done a fantastic job of cramming muscle into every car or SUV. With that in mind, we couldn't help but ask the question: Did any manufacturer bring more horsepower to the show?
After some quick napkin math, The Drive noticed that FCA brought a combined 2,729 horsepower across just its four separate models across the range:
Dodge Charger Hellcat - 707 hp
Dodge Durango SRT - 475 hp
Dodge Challenger Demon - 840 hp
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - 707 hp
And this quartet doesn’t include the powerful Dodge Charger Scat Pack or Dodge Challenger Hellcat. So The Drive challenges you to name an automotive brand at the New York International Auto Show that brought more horsepower across four different models.
Other than noticing the obvious regarding FCA’s play to incorporate more power into their lineup, we have to wonder what has made them do so in such gusto over the past few years. The SRT brand never sold like gangbusters until recent years but with an increased marketing push, impressive performance numbers and America’s love for melting tires, the SRT brand has really come into its own. Currently, the SRT lineup consists of the following:
- Dodge Challenger SRT 392
- Dodge Challenger Hellcat
- Dodge Challenger Demon
- Dodge Charger SRT 392
- Dodge Charger Hellcat
- Dodge Durango SRT 392
- Dodge Viper
- Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
This leaves aside the vicious 485-horsepower Charger/Challenger Scat Packs or 370-horsepower Daytona, too.
Long story short, there is an outlandish amount of power in FCA and we all can benefit from a little muscle.
Can you name any manufacturer that has four separate models packing enough power together to beat these FCA cars? Let us know below.
- RELATEDThis Dodge Viper Short Film is Full of Action and FlamesPennzoil created this homage to honor the last Viper.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Dodge Demon is Actually Banned by the NHRA Because of SafetyIt's cool to talk about, but what about the people who want to take the car to the track?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Is 707-HP of All-Wheel-Drive Hellcat SUVIt launches from standstill to 60 MPH in 3.5 seconds.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Jeep Compass Fails Its Own NY Auto Show DemonstrationWhen off-road demos don't go quite as planned.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Dodge Durango SRT Do a Massive Four-Wheel-Drive BurnoutDodge went to the trouble of filming it. So you might as well watch it.READ NOW