The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Is 707-HP of All-Wheel-Drive Hellcat SUV
It launches from standstill to 60 MPH in 3.5 seconds.
Jeep's reputation was built around off-road-ready utility vehicles, not high-powered track-ready 4x4s, but that apparently hasn't stopped the brand from getting a bit out of its comfort zone. Topping its last performance SUV, the 475-horsepower Grand Cherokee SRT, there's now a 707-horsepower, Hellcat-powered, Grand Cherokee Trackhawk that comes ready to upset sports car drivers at red lights everywhere.
With its eight-speed automatic transmission, the Trackhawk runs from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 3.5 seconds, maxes out at 180 MPH, and can do the quarter-mile in 11.6 seconds. This is a Jeep for damn sakes.
Oh, and it can also tow up to 7,200 pounds.
Unlike the Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcats, the Trackhawk gets its power sent to all four wheels. Its all-wheel-drive system's power bias changes depending on the drive mode selected—40/60 front/rear is for normal driving, 30/70 for sportier driving, and 50/50 in the winter drive mode.
The Trackhawk sits on 295 tires on each corner and has huge 15.75-inch Brembos on the front and 13.73-inch in the rear. Those things help the performance SUV stop in 114 feet.
Pricing for the Trackhawk has not yet been released, but with the Grand Cherokee SRT running about $65,000, we're expecting this thing to be priced somewhere around $80,000.
We'll get more on the Trackhawk when we see it in the flesh at the New York International Auto Show next week.
- RELATEDNew Dodge Challenger Hellcat Owner Almost Immediately Ends Up in JailChristopher Garza was reportedly clocked at 158 mph in a 70 zone.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Hellcat Vs. AWD Challenger GT Race Ends Predictably, Still EntertainingHaving two extra wheels laying down the power doesn't mean as much when your opponent has way more ponies.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Jeep Wrangler Push a BMW Into Its Parking SpotWell, it's not like the BMW's driver could've parked it right the first time.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch A Drag-Ready Jeep Blast Down A Dragstrip at Over 140 MPHThe Jeep packs a punch with a 6.55-liter Ford V-8 and a 88mm turbocharger.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is How Japan Does Euro StyleFrom a 'slant nose' Porsche 996 Turbo to an S54-swapped E30 convertible, this is how Japan tuners do Euro style.READ NOW