2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe, Sedan Revealed
The newest Civic has 205 horses, 192 pound-feet...and looks exactly like you expected.
The day is finally here. The day Honda promised to reveal the production version of their new Civic Si, poised to take on the likes of the Ford Focus ST and Volkswagen's GTI. Appearance-wise, Honda promised a car that looks "strikingly similar" to the prototype... and that's exactly what we have here. In fact, the only difference that are easy to spot are the wheels, which look like the same ones fitted to the currently available Civic Hatchback Sport.
On the performance front, it looks like the leaks were true: The new Si puts out 205 horsepower and a (slightly underwhelming) 192 lb-ft of torque from a fettled version of the existing turbocharged 1.5-liter four banger offered in select trims of the regular Civic.
The reveal video goes on to boast improved handling and grip as a result of a lighter and more rigid body, variable ratio adaptive steering, and a beefier brake-and-tire package. Honda's new Civic Si will also feature two-mode, driver-selectable adaptive dampers. Presumably, a 'comfort' or 'normal' mode for, you know, picking people up from the airport and a harder 'sport' mode for late-night on-ramp shenanigans.
One new thing we do get to see today—albeit briefly—is our first glimpse of the Si in sedan guise, sporting a blue paint job wearing the same rims as its coupe stablemate.
According to Honda, the new Si will hit showrooms and strip mall parking lots next month and will be priced "in the mid-$20,000 range." Watch the reveal video here:
- RELATEDHonda Civic Type R's Exhaust Note Is Perfectly RaspyIt almost makes you wonder if it's hiding an extra few cylinders somewhere.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Honda Civic Si Underwhelms With Just 192 lb. ft. of TorqueThat leaves a huge gap between the Si and Type R.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Honda Civic Si vs. CRX Si Infographic Is FrighteningProgress is relative.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Honda Civic Type R Slated to Grace U.S. Soil in Late SpringBrace yourself Ford, Honda is coming after your precious Focus RS.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Honda Civic Si To Be Revealed on YouTubeThe debut will introduce both the sedan and coupe versions.READ NOW