The First Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Will Be Auctioned Off for Charity
Make sure your checkbook is ready.
Come this Friday, the first customer production Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE will cross the auction block at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction. And while it may not seem like this Camaro should fetch big money, just remember that the first customer Acura NSX went for $1.2 million last year through Barrett-Jackson.
To remind you, the track-focused Camaro ZL1 1LE is motivated by Chevy's LT4 6.2-liter V-8, a monumental power plant that develops a stonking 650 horsepower to help propel this muscle car to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds and off to a top speed of 198 mph. Mated to the quintessentially American lump is a six-speed manual transmission.
Power is one thing—and there's plenty of it to go around—but the ZL1 1LE also features a handful of helpful track tools, including wider (and lighter) wheels compared with the standard ZL1, 1LE-specific tires, adjustable camber plates, different dampers, and a rear stabilizer bar. Chevy has also found a way to shave off roughly 60 pounds from the 1LE, which, as you know, is awfully handy in making a quick track-day car.
On top of all those reasons to take the first Camaro ZL1 1LE home, Barrett-Jackson claims that 100 percent of the hammer price will go directly to United Way, a non-profit that focuses on community-specific issues. So you shouldn't feel guilty dropping serious coin on this Camaro.
- RELATEDWatch a Tesla Model S P100D Whip a Modified Camaro ZL1 With a 10.7-Second Quarter-MileEven a completely stock Model S P100D, however, is only a tenth of a second behind.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's the New Chevy Camaro GT4.R Race Car in the FleshStickered up and all.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This F30 BMW 3-Series Get T-Boned By A Camaro At A Car MeetPlay stupid games, win stupid prizesREAD NOW
- RELATEDChevy Camaro ZL1 Is the Performance Muscle Car to BeatTake your pick from a half-century of muscle cars: None will outperform the supercharged, 650-horsepower Camaro ZL1.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Camaro ZL1 Road Trip to Daytona: 6 First ImpressionsThe ultimate, 650-horsepower Camaro is the perfect delinquent for Daytona hijinks.READ NOW