Porsche’s 718 Boxster And Cayman Meets Motorweek
MotorWeek is an authority of automotive opinion for the everyman, so what do they think of Porsche's new mid-engine beauty?
MotorWeek has long been enjoyed by enthusiasts and non, for 36 seasons of television programming in fact. So what is public broadcasting's take on Porsche's newest iteration of their mid-engine sports car? A sports car that has been on the road for some 20 years, and now features a wild-departure turbocharged four-cylinder engine? As expected, they love the car, commending it's continuation of a well-balanced neutral handling platform. They like the addition of the extra power. They like the early-onset torque of the turbocharged engine. The new 911 Turbo derived steering rack is lauded. As usual, they spend some time looking at the new sheetmetal, the new pricing structure, and the new lighting packages. All told, this is your typical MotorWeek review of a new car, but applied to one of the best chassis on the market.
While John Davis provides much of the voiceover for the video, with his traditionally silky smooth voice and unique choppy delivery, it's Greg Carloss with the seat time to really flesh out the detail changes between the outgoing car and the new one. As luck would have it, I was in the car with Greg while he was recording these segments for the show. He's a real nice guy, so maybe give him two minutes and thirty-two seconds of your attention, he deserves it. Who knows, maybe you'll learn something.
- RELATEDChris Harris Tells Us How He Really Feels About The 718 Boxster SThe Top Gear host recently got his hands on a gorgeous silver Boxster with a red interior that has me all aquiver. A gorgeous car, shame about the sound though?READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 718 Cayman Is Your New Turbocharged, Tin-Top Sports CarBeloved sports car gains power, features...and a tramp stamp.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Adds ‘718’ to Cayman and Boxster, Solves EverythingBut will the grumblings of purists still be heard above the quiet four-cylinder engine?READ NOW
- RELATEDS Versus S: Pitting The 718 Boxster S Against Jag's F-Type V6 STaking Porsche's newest Boxster S against its logical competition the Jaguar F-Type V6 S is the smart move. Which one is the better buy?READ NOW
- RELATEDA Porsche Boxster Spyder in the Wettest Place in North AmericaWhere frost, lake and cloud conspire to thrill—and nearly kill.READ NOW