Drive Wire for September 20th, 2016: Tech Bigwigs Want to Restrict Seattle-to-Vancouver Highway to Self-Driving Vehicles
New proposal seeks to ban human drivers from Interstate 5 most of the time.
Today on Drive Wire, The Drive discusses a new report that seeks to turn 150 miles of highway between Seattle and Vancouver into a road exclusively for autonomous vehicles. Under the terms of the proposal, put forward by a venture capital group helmed by tech industry veterans, Interstate 5 would slowly be converted from a conventional freeway into a road where only self-driving cars, buses, and trucks would be allowed to use it most of the time. But how long would all this take? Check out the video above to find out.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 19th, 2016: FAA Reports 550,000 Drone Registrations So Far This YearAmerica's skies could soon be filled with millions of unmanned flying robots.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 19th, 2016: World's Fastest Volkswagen Beetle Hits 205 MPHSpecially-made VW Beetle LSR packs a 500-plus horsepower punch.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 16, 2017: Developments in the Deaths of Robby Gordon's FamilyPolice speculate that Gordon's father strangled his stepmother before committing suicideREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 15th, 2016: Mercedes-AMG Debuts Two AMG GT RoadstersTopless brawlers from ze Germans? Yes, please.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 14th, 2016: Did Bad Tires Cause The Carrera GT Crash That Killed Paul Walker?According to Matt Farah, old tires were the leading factor in Paul's death.READ NOW