Drive Wire for July 12, 2016: Jaguar Land Rover Is Developing Self-Driving Off-Road Technology
Carmaker wants to make sure automotive autonomy doesn't stop when the road does.
In today's episode of Drive Wire, The Drive delves into the news that Jaguar Land Rover is hard at work developing self-driving car technology that will enable the automaker's vehicles to drive themselves off-road. According to JLR's head of research, the company is developing a suite of software and hardware solutions to tackle the unique challenge of navigating off-road terrain, such as advanced ground sensors and cameras to detect low-hanging obstacles. Wanna learn more? Check out the video.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 11, 2015: Fast 8 Filmed Some Amazing Cars in NYCWe've got so many exclusive set pictures, you'll be drooling for days.READ NOW
- RELATEDWeekly Wire for July 8, 2016: Tesla's Troubles, Ferrari 488 GTB Fun, and the Magic of the McLaren 570SIt's been a rough week for Tesla—but a great one at The Drive's offices.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 7, 2016: Will the 2017 Chevrolet SS Make 600 Horsepower?The American sports sedan currently gets by with a “mere” 415 ponies.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 6, 2016: Oakland Man Arrested for Torching Google Street View CarREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 5, 2016: Everything We Know About Chris Evans' Sexual Assault ScandalIt's been a very bad week for the former Top Gear presenter.READ NOW